View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 07:14 AM   #12
Merc Cruzer

Default Re: Carpet for 1953 Mercury Covertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2748 View Post
As far as I know, Stock Interiors sells the ACC carpets so watch what you are getting
Thanks for the heads up. The carpet set is from their 42-60 Mercury Full Size Cars (1942-1960) carpet. So it appears that they are made up per the information provided by the customer when they order. Never thought this was going to be a major issue. All I can figure is that they don't get too many order for 1953 Mercury convertibles so it is not premade and stocked.

Please be careful when selecting the carpet color. We have many color options to choose from, and some shades are very similar. Do not rely on the name of your existing carpet to match a color we offer. The color of the samples below may vary, depending on the calibration of your monitor. If you are not 100% certain of the correct color, please allow us to send you samples by clicking here.

Select Material: Plush Cut Pile
Select Color:801-Black
Show Color Table

Please give us some information about your vehicle below. In order to correctly make your cut and sewn carpet, we need the following information. If you select "Other", please supply the correct information in the detail line.

Vehicle Year:1953
Door Count:2
Body Style:Convertible
Transmission:Auto on Column
Seats:Bench Seats
Model Details:Mercury Monterey
Comments:Cut and sewn not molded, edges bound

Due to the current Covid-19 situation this item may have a slight delay in production. This item will begin production right away and ship when complete. Production will take 7-10 business days in most cases.

They said it will take 3 1/2 weeks. It will be interesting to see what I get. Unfortunately all the rest just said no, so in the meantime, I will keep my fingers crossed. The original carpet for this car has long since been lost, before I purchased it, so using it for a pattern was never an option. I am still wondering what the difference is in carpeting between a 2 door hard top and a convertible. That might just be one of those mystery's of life!

Last edited by Merc Cruzer; 06-10-2020 at 08:00 AM.
Merc Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote