View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 09:37 AM   #3
M2M

Default Re: Model A Tudor Basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingle View Post
Several years ago there was a product being sold for Tudors, that gave you more storage, by adding a underfloor storage to your Tudor.

Looking around on the web, I still see it advertised on several Parts Houses, but listed as discontinued.

Was wondering if anyone knew why this product was discontinued. Lack of interest? Bad product?

Also wondering if anyone knew of any still available.

I was keen to buy one of these and found a guy on Facebook who was selling one but after giving it some thought I decided against it because I think it would be very awkward to use especially if you want a rubber mat or carpet on the rear floor. I think you would need to be sitting on the rear seat to be able to open it and reach down and remove things, you couldn't do so from the front seat or standing outside the door. Also, would condensation inside this almost sealed box be a problem? Would things rust inside stored long term?

Having said all that, if you were doing a coast to coast trip and wanted a secret compartment for your valuables it would be a good option.

M2M is offline   Reply With Quote