View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 10:14 PM   #28
cas3

Default Re: whats this fuzz growing in my new radiator?

i always run water first in a new installation to make sure nothing leaks (i hate antifreeze on the floor), and as an added bonus you get to flush out any junk once more before filling with antifreeze for the final fill. in this case, time got away from me. i work 65 hour weeks in summer, and did not think it would be this long until the water got changed, and...really, electrolysis should have crossed my mind, i am aware of problems with aluminum heads, although i have never had any except on my modern junk which gets antifreeze. my aluminum tubes will clean up to be usable, but surely stainless would be better. sadly, the big scrap yard nearest to me put on a "no shopping" policy a few years ago. i used to go there and walk out with as much stainless tubing as you could carry for 10 or 20 bucks. all the dairy industry here makes for a lot of nice scrap, nuts, bolts, washers, elbows and tubing. some weld on, some pipe thread. i have built many stainless exhaust systems for penny's on the dollar, but no more in the modern world

Last edited by cas3; 03-10-2020 at 10:16 PM. Reason: spelling
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote