Thread: Lighting issues
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 01:22 AM   #1
Mckay417

Default Lighting issues

Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated as we are completely lost and dont know what steps to take next. Me and my boyfriend purchased a 1931 model a from my grandparents. Garage kept since sometime in the 60's. Original wiring harness was pretty bad and cut up so it got trashed. Bought a new wiring harness and kept the original housing. After many of hours of trying to figure out where wires go, what needs grounded, having a lot of issues with sparking and things getting hot when battery got hooked up. We finally got rid of the sparking and got lights to work. But the harness housing kept popping loose when turning the switch, so we replaced the housing with a new one and have not been able to get lights since. We have spent many hours and nights working on it trying to figure out what went wrong just by replacing the housing. The only thing i see that may be an issue is on the black disk on the harness the circle horn piece that connects to the horn rod is slightly bent where i think we tried to pull the horn wire loose and realized it didnt come off, but it still looks like it should make connection. Everything is grounded and hooked up like it should be other then tail lights but those were not hooked up when we first got lights. Like i said any help is appreciated.
Mckay417 is offline   Reply With Quote