Thread: Car Show Pic
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 08:26 PM   #10
Kube

Default Re: Car Show Pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39portlander View Post
Resurrection: the skill and ability of an individual or individuals, usually a father/son who bring a forgotten "dead" auto back to a safe ,working mechanical work of art. Done on an affordable budget with many, many time constraints.

Enjoyed by many @ your local cruise night or car show, were we gather and show off what we did over the long cold winter, very nice indeed. P.S. I also like and respect the time and effort put into the fully restored concourse vehicles
My post was simply an attempt to correctly define a word (restoration) that is way too often misused.
I was not attempting to disparage anyone's vehicle nor their personal interests.
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with continuing education. Lord knows I learn each and every day. Still, I continue to make mistakes and strive so as not to repeat them.
I am confident that you and (hopefully) most others would agree that learning should not be disparaged as well.

By the way, the truck in the original post appears to be one anybody could and should be proud of. A restoration? Nope...