View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 07:57 AM   #62
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Introducing Ms. American 3.14159 Caper

Hey All,
Saturday, June 22, 2019, Morning Update:

Gentlemen... Position is EVERYTHING!

Went out to the Car Port with a SHORT 1/2" Box End Wrench, and a can of RAID Flying Insect Killer. Sprayed around and under Ms. American whose Front End is UP on the Ramps. Opened the Hood to let the light into the Engine Bay.

Got down onto the ground as usual, and worked my way head-first UNDER the old Gal's Front End. Reached past the BACK of the Cast Iron Shorty Headers, and felt the FRONT of the Starter. Continued to feel the Starter till the Stud to which the Cable from the Solenoid is fastened was located. THAT Stud is leaning about 45 degrees to Starboard. Tried to access it with the SHORT 1/2" Box End Wrench, but there was NO WAY to do it. DRATS!

Laid there for a bit reconnoitering the situation, and trying to figure out WHY, when I could FEEL the Nut, that I couldn't get the Wrench into position to fit ON TO the Nut. In doing this analysis, I came to realize that it wasn't the Nut's fault. And it wasn't the Wrench's fault. And it wasn't the fault of my Fingers. The fault laid at MY WRIST!! While my Hand, and Fingers bent the right way, MY WRIST DIDN'T!! If only my WRIST would bend the OTHER WAY, reaching the Nut with the Wrench could be accomplished.

Alas, WE are just not built THAT way... BUT, then the thought occurred to me that if I would get under the old Gal's Front End FEET FIRST, that my Right Hand could feel the old Gal's Starter, and MY WRIST would BEND THE OTHER WAY!!

Well, instead of getting out from under Ms. American, it was with some amount of effort that I swung my head to the Starboard, and drew my Legs past the Left Front Ramp, then stretched out with my Feet pointing back towards the Differential. Reached up with the Wrench in my Right Hand, and as SLICK as could be, the Wrench went right onto the NUT.

Was able to easily TIGHTEN it about a quarter turn!

Then re-positioned the Wrench, and got about another 1/16th of an inch of rotation before the Nut wouldn't go any further.

Had intended to take the Key Ring with the Ignition Key on it, but one cannot think of EVERYTHING.

So NOW the next thing to do was to get myself out from under Ms. American's Front End. Grasped the Sway Bar with both Hands and pulled my Body forward. The next place to grab was the Top of the Front Bumper.

Then by scooting forward far enough was able to get my Legs past the Left Front Ramp. Was then lying on my back in front of Ms. American. It was but a matter of rolling over, and getting into a kneeling posture. Then reaching up to the front of Engine Bay, was able to pull myself into a squat position. Then using both hands on the Top Front Cross Member was able to stand up.

That may not sound like much, but at this point in my life, it's a semi-major maneuver.

Am betting that the tightening of that NUT is going to make all the difference in the world as far as having Ms. American Start-Up without all the former hesitation.

Anyway, will be cleaning up the Cat's Mess in the Kitchen, and then will take the Keys out and see if what was done has improved the situation. Will keep you all updated if, when, and as progress occurs.

Take care everyone, and remember: POSITION IS EVERYTHING!!!

JC
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)