View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 01:11 PM   #41
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Introducing Ms. American 3.14159 Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
Great Design!
Hey Mr. K,
As mentioned previously, there have been some modifications made AFTER this JPG was taken. It turned out that the Gasoline coming out of the Tank, around the Hose bends, through the Check Valve (that is there to keep the Carter from just pumping the Gas back to where the Gas comes out of the Tank), then forward to the Stock Fuel Pump. BUT when the Hoses got warm, they would kink. and the only way to keep the 3.14 running was to turn on the Carter. Modified the setup to where the BENDS were Solid Tubing seen here:

Here is a view of Rosemary's Miscarriage installed from the OTHER end:

Quote:
You have this back @ the fuel tank with gravity drop?
Yes, but it's just connected to the Tank Outlet, as you can see in the above JPGs, so I don't know about it being a Gravity Drop!
Quote:
There have been some discussions here and you show the correct way to plumb it (IMO).
It's VERY direct. The Carter won't let Gas flow through it unless it is running. The Stock Fuel Pump WILL let Gas flow through, which is why the Carter can prime the 4100 without the 3.14 running. Also there is a Fuel Pressure Regulator set at 5.5 PSI that is mounted between the Stock Fuel Pump and the 4100 so that when BOTH Fuel Pumps are running, they won't overpower the Needles and Seats in the 4100. Here is a JPGs of THAT:

AND

Quote:
Maybe that lady was the one that paid for your canopy ...
BINGO! That was MY suspicion too. Asked her about it, and she denied it. So either she didn't, or of course she WOULD deny it. Anyway, Ms. American and I both appreciated it, and thanked whomever did the springing for the Car Port profusely.

Anyway, it appears that your tutorial of how to put full size images in the post was succinct enough for even ME to understand. Thanks for the education. It's now onward through the fog.

JC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ROSHIELD17.jpg (45.7 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg PRESREG1.jpg (177.1 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg PRESREG5.jpg (37.8 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg ROSHIELD18.jpg (171.5 KB, 87 views)
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote