View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 07:30 AM   #22
JCAllison

Default Re: The GREAT Introducing Ms. American 3.14159 Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
You know I am just joshing you, right?
Hey Mr. K,
Of course! But you know what? If someone DID kype Ms. American, I'd rest easier knowing it was YOU, because she'd be in the very best of hands!
Quote:
I have an extreme allergic reaction to rock salt propelled from a 12GA ...
Well, I don't have a "12GA", but I DO have a .357 Magnum Colt Python and there HAVE been people who are known to have died of Lead Poisoning (but not at my hand)!
Quote:
Getting all the glass aligned on a 4DR HDTP can be a challenge.
VERY TRUE. Ask me how I know!

There are a couple of parts called the Dovetail, and the Dovetail Striker (see attached illustration) which are right at the TOP of the FRONT of the Rear Door whose function is to pull the front of the Rear Window snug against the back of the Front Window.

Those two parts are boogers to install, and even bigger boogers to properly adjust! Took removing EVERYTHING a number of times to finally get it right.

BUT the next person who sees the Window Escapement Mechanisms in Ms. American is going to be impressed.

First, just getting the Interior Trim Panels off, they will find them with Aluminum Foil adhered to the back of the Panels to make them impervious to moisture, which will make the Fiber Board on which the Vinyl is attached last forever. See attached JPGs:

Then they will find the Moisture Barrier that was just a sheet of paper when it came from the factory, is now THREE layers of Press&Seal (see attached JPGs)

And then they will find all the Escapement Parts, and Wind Wing mechanisms have been painted with the SAME Black and Gold color scheme of the Engine Compartment and the 3.14. See attached JPGs.

All of the Channel Riders, were put in with lots of Marine Lube, and the stuff should never get hard like the ORIGINAL Grease used by the Factory.

Also, the interiors of the Doors have been given a layer of Under Coating.

Actually, it was quite a fun project, and turned out REALLY well. The Windows all work as good, if not better than when NEW. They are smooth, and easy. Should last a long time. It was a lot of effort, but nothing exceeds like excess!

Anyway, it's time for me to clean up the mess left from feeding the five felines that are my family, and then get on with the day, in which Lorrie Van Haul is going to get her Door Handles replaced and her Door Latches reinstalled.

Hope this finds YOU doing well, and taking excellent care.

JC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1ADOVE.jpg (144.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg ALUMTRIM02.JPG (81.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg MOBAIN01.JPG (69.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg MOBAIN02.JPG (68.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg MOBAIN03.JPG (69.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg RBWW02.JPG (38.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg WINASS05.JPG (47.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WINASS08.jpg (41.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg WINASS09.JPG (71.4 KB, 10 views)
Ms. American 3.14159,1964 Ford Galaxie 500,Model:64 4-Door Hardtop,Body:57B 4-Door Fastback,Police Interceptor,390 CID,330 HP,P-Code FE,Solid Lifters,Cast Iron Shorty Headers,Autolite 4100 C4AF-9510-DG Carb,Mustangs Etc.Manual Choke,3 Speed BorgWarner T85 Overdrive Transmission,4.11:1 Differential,Kelsey Hayes Severe Service Wheels,PerTronix Ignitor III HEI,60,000 Volt PerTronix FlameThrower HC Coil,Frantz Oil Cleaner,Chantilly Beige
JCAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)