Thread: Chickasha
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 01:17 PM   #3
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Chickasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Huseby View Post
What did you buy? What did you sell? What did you see? Was it a dud?
The high points for me were re-connecting with old friends and making new friends. 'Didn't sell much, 'didn't buy much except Coker tires for my CCPU and an old 6-port OHV head that may be convertible to an A/B, 'didn't see much. It wasn't nearly as active as the last time I was there 10 years ago.

Hey Jim, yes one of my highlights of the event was meeting you in person. I purchased a few items from you, and I purchased quite a bit however the Model-A merchandise was just not there from my vantage point. I worked the event very hard combing the grounds, and while I did find many items, there was way more on my list that I needed that just wasn't there to purchase.

Was it a 'dud', ...maybe a little but then again it was like many meets of late. As I am sure you are well aware, it is a HUGE amount of work to load a vehicle with your parts, ...set-up at the meet to sell, and then "re-stock" the items in your garage that did not sell. Many older vendors just do not feel like dealing with it anymore. That, --and the recent weather is why the attendance was not there which is also why next year is the last one.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote