Thread: Skips Pumps
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 07:58 PM   #22
ezzmoney

Default Re: Skips Pumps

Ac Condenser is still off the car. Yes have checked temps everywhere with infrared temp gauge. Hose are new but checked them all just the same. This is a newly redone car mostly new, top to bottom. I did establish TDC using the tie wrap method today. Damn that's a GREAT technique. Thanks Bruce Lancaster. TDC was real close. Gonna work on timing and total timing tomorrow. It has an Edelbrock 1504 Five Hundred CFM carb on it. Nothing has been done to the carb it is as it came out of the box. Is anybody using this carb? Did you have to do any mods to make it work well for you. It seems to be running rich and my attempts at adjusting haven't been met with success. Is there a good Edlebock guy anyone could recommend. I'm not a carb guy at all. The weather here stinks right now. I'm in the Ohio Valley about 60 miles southeast of Cincinatti and it has been pouring rain. Hopefully it will dry out some in a few days and I can take the car out to see if any of my work has helped any. Thanks to all who responded.
ezzmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)