View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:19 PM   #8
Fred A

Default Re: 1939 Business Coupe Shock absorbers

39 Business Coupe? Is that Standard or Deluxe? There is some difference at the chassis level but You bothered to mention the Business and the big divide is at Standard/Deluxe. Don, where on this planet are you? Also makes huge difference where you can expect availability and how much you should pay. I run a fowl of guys in east BF where they have a tough time compared to the plenty I enjoy in SoCal. One of few things that doesn't suck about California. I'd try to escape but they track us down to tax the piss out of us because they can. Butt..... I'm going through the shock thing on my '40 but finding the short term fix is Houdailles at $10-$15 each and about a 25% good or fixable rate. Even better on the rears. Tough part about '40s is that desirable sway bar that eliminates most available, affordable tube setups. Not your problem with the '39. The upper tube shock mounts @ $25-40 average per pair, are seldom found with the lower mounts. Perhaps I swap the Houdailles out for tubes, previously called "airplane shocks", in the future. Good Luck, Wherever You Are: Fred A

PS: Don't lose the special 7/16 fine thread carriage bolts that attaches the shocks or the adapters!

Last edited by Fred A; 10-16-2018 at 07:24 PM. Reason: punctuation+
Fred A is offline   Reply With Quote