Thread: Restored cars
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 07:22 AM   #39
37 Coupe

Default Re: Restored cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28Ca8149 View Post
There is getting less people every day that can tell if the car is original or not .My28 roadster has a honey comb rad and a plate glass windshield from new .Ford. Told me years ago that it was assembled in Regina SK and they ran out of radiators so they got some from the local hardware just to finnish the shift .I knew both the first owners and the Ford dealer ,Zable Motors. I was at an acution sale where they were selling a COPO Camaro.I ask them to see some of the numbers .They refused me . I have one and know they were lying . Buyer be ware. My 30 Fordor is now Finnished ,10 + years restoration to original,with new parts,new glass,tires ,interior and paint . not original but better than when new
About three years ago I went to a local estate auction of a Model T and Model A restorer.Very nice cars and parts that mostly went for a reasonable amount.Lots of Model A parts that day did not interest me then,wish I could go back. The thing that amazed that day was the 1930 Model A roadster that sold,beautifull car and again I wish now I could go back and check it out better. The auctioneer before selling disclaimed that the title was for a 1930 Tudor not for a roadster.An old friend of the deceased told me right then and there that it was a steel body reproduction on the tudor running gear,I imagine Brookville,this was not disclosed by the auctioneer if he did know or not. Now what was really unbelievable was the selling price was over $30,000 by a phone bid.The roadster was a beautifull blue and I think more like a standard roadster build. Of all the cars that day that is the one that shocked me the price even if it was an all original car. I did not get the Model A buy again bug until about 6 months ago.