View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 08:31 PM   #17
Steve_KS

Default Re: Gas Blowing Out Exhaust

I originally started 2 threads one for the oil leak and one for the carb but its starting to look like its 2 symptoms of the same problem. Here is a link to the other thread just for thoroughness.
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showt...7943&showall=1

Last night I cranked the car over without pulling the choke or pressing the accelerator and like usual gas blew out the exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe junction. So I think that means the fuel is already in the motor and I wasn't adding it by pumping the pedal or choking it.

I checked the oil it was right at F like normal. I drained the oil and it was black but thin, so it must be heavily diluted with gas.

I pulled the glass bowl from the sediment bowl, emptied it and reinstalled it. After 24 hours there is maybe a tablespoon of gas in it.

I'm confused, if I've confirmed gas is filling the motor it must be leaking past the fuel shut off and carb. But if the sediment bowl isn't filling with gas how is it getting there?

Is it possible for gas to leak through a sediment bowl without filling the glass?

Can gas leak into the motor from the carburetor bowl when the fuel is shut off?

Is a carburetor rebuild the next step or is there any additional tests I should do?

Any help is appreciated.
Steve_KS is offline   Reply With Quote