View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 05:32 AM   #31
Growley bear

Default Re: Telling someone to check the Judging Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28Ca8149 View Post
I have a 1928 AR roadster .I bought this car in 1955 from the original owner that was the local Ford dealer mechanic . This car has a original honey comb radiator and a plate glass windshield .Every thing is original except the tires .The spare is still original There has been a lot of discussion about the car over the time .I wrote Ford years ago and they said that ford did a lot of things to keep the line going .This car could have been a Regina car .Hay Joe we ,we need some radiators .go to Maclouds ,the local hardware and get some radiators Thus the honey comb rad ,The model A expert in Calgary was to give a speech at the banquet about the difference between a Canadian car and a US car .He said I laid under your car for an hour and re wrote my speech
According to the Restoration Guidelines/Judging Standards (This has always been my understanding) Page 10-1 lower left hand column states that "All windshields (except the Town Car) were sheet laminated safety glass in 1928-1929."
To my knowledge the Model A was the first American automobile to be equipped with a safety glass windshield. As with much of the Model A history there is a story that goes along with this. If you don't have access to the RG/JS I would be glad to e-mail you a copy if you are interested.
I didn't realize that you and your car are from Canada. I know that there are variations between countries of manufacture; this is very interesting. Is there a Canadian Restoration Guideline book?
Chet

Last edited by Growley bear; 05-23-2018 at 05:37 AM. Reason: add text
Growley bear is offline   Reply With Quote