Thread: Never too late
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 03:00 PM   #13
barnstuf

Default Re: Never too late

I have been following this discussion and finally decided to jump in. I am sure I am not the only member of Fordbarn who is over 90 years of age. In fact I am more than 90 and a WWII Normandy and beyond combat veteran, 29th Division I recall Dad buying a new Model A in 1928 which began my Model A experience. I have been an "A" owner since 1937, before I was old enough to have a drivers license. $10 bought a good running car then.

I appreciate the kind remarks made about elders and older Model A owners in this discussion and it is appreciated very much. It shows that there are folks on Fordbarn who are caring. However in running ads here on Fordbarn, to reduce a lifetime collection of parts, I have been treated rudely by some who ridicule me in eMails because of the fact I do not own a camera and cannot send a photo. My generation was not one where everybody had a camera and my daughter who used to post pictures for me for e/Bay sales and for Fordbarn sales has passed on. Sheila at MARC headquarters told me last year I am the longest term member of the club which is an honor I guess. In closing I have been on Fordbarn since Shelley first began running it, before Ryan's ownership.
barnstuf is offline   Reply With Quote