View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 08:02 AM   #1
Steve_Mack_CT

Default Question on Color Selection

What if any leeway is there on color, i.e correct Model A colors but overlap in model or model year? I have the color guide but not sure it addresses this.

I ask specifically as I am interested in a color (Ford Maroon) that is not one of the handful listed for the 30 Standard Roadster we are working on.

I have no intention of a high point car, but do want a reasonably correct car. Interior will be correct, appears to have all standard features. It does also have DSM & cowl lights which certainly could have been had in 30 on this model so they are staying. Engine is a '31 and I don't stay up at night worried about that.

But color is the big question. Right now it is a faded maroon we believe was Ford Maroon based on areas where paint was protected such as behind the door panels. I do not believe it was original to the car. But we love this color on the Model As we have seen with it.

Thorne Brown is a correct choice per the guides an alternative, but not quite as attractive to me. It is interesting that Thorne Brown seems to have red in it - some threads out there on that as well. Which leads to a related question in how much if any leeway is there in hue.

What about touring class judging in the event we were to give that a shot?

I figure it cannot be worse than all the converted Standards out there, especially early 30s. But I don't want to blunder in a big way either, so I thought this group would be a good one to ask.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-07-09 21.21.33.jpg (74.9 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by Steve_Mack_CT; 10-26-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Steve_Mack_CT is offline   Reply With Quote