View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #432
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
So awesome! I am so happy to see a truck I rescued from going to scrap is now this piece of art. The landowner died and his brothers were selling the "junk" off the land before calling scrappers. I bought that pickup and some other junk haha!
Thanks and with flatford's suggestion about using epdm rubber roofing we have a great top on this thing. As I stated previously, the Lebarron Bonney correct long grain vinyl is too narrow for my truck version so I would have needed two 10' lengths and a seam for about 500 bucks, but this 60 mil Firestone product in a 10 x 10' sheet was 97 bucks on amazon. I'll get a picture of the difficult rear corners today. For the front steel strap pictured I just picked up some oval head screws to countersink in this afternoon. Then I will bed it in black sikaflex on final install. And Bill, that sounds like the perfect material, but I had to go through the steel roof up front and I already had the stuff I needed. I tend to keep the momentum up while I've got it and don't like waiting for stuff in the mail.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rubber roof on 003.jpg (68.2 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg rubber roof on 011.jpg (61.5 KB, 96 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 10-01-2017 at 11:47 AM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote