View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #38
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: Just Starting from the SoCal Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCNC View Post
Hi Dick,

Yes it is, $22K is high, but it does have a Mitchell A Overdrive gear splitter, ... verified as I looked, and they say is also has a Mitchell A Synchronized transmission which I cannot verify as I did not test drive the car and it doesn't list it in the description.

This is were the pack comes in making $22K closer than not. I think worth closer to $20 than $22. BTW, … the motor was cold and he reached in through the door and started her right up and she idles very smooth and is very quiet so it is on the list of possibilities. I do have to say, the car did surprise me, and aside from a few small issues, it's a solid car and whom ever did the work knows how to work on cars, maybe not A's but the work was done right. Also, … the Owner said it comes with a California car cover, … the $500 premium one and the REAL color of the car is, Champagne, not Gold. And if it is an issue, lightly scuff the clear coat and re-squirt the Champagne with a translucent color like a Kandy, … should be quite interesting to say the least.

Description:

Exterior Color: Gold/Dark Maroon Fenders
Interior: Tan
Engine: 4 Cylinder
Transmission: Manual with Overdrive Gear Splitter Transmission

This is a fully restored Briggs Bodied Model A Coupe. It is an all steel body including the fenders. The 40 Horsepower L - Head 4 cylinder engine was professionally rebuilt. The Mitchell Overdrive Gear Splitter and clutch are new. The brake system was overhauled including new brakes & drums. www.jalopyjournal.netThe 16 inch whitewall firestone tires are also new.

A few updates were added to make this Model A very driveable. The electrical system has been converted to a negative ground 12 volt system with an alternator. An Electric Windshield wiper has been installed. Turn Signals have been added. An oil filter system has been added to the engine and an " Arooga" horn completes the car.

The car comes with a matching Superior Glass Works trailer so the next owner is set to participate in Antique car caravans.
When they say the engine was "professionally rebuilt" be sure to check the name of the professional. Some "professionals have and deserve a very bad reputation.

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote