View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #15
hardtimes

Default Re: Long Beach model T Club 63rd Annual Swap Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offy 220 View Post
Hi Bruce,
I haven't been to the LB Model T swap meet since the 70's and 80's. I remember it was a two day event and more swappers and vendors but it still was great! I had the opportunity to meet a few hot rodders I had heard about but never met - P. Eastwood and Jim Jacobs. I also saw Hardtimes and his Scat set up wearing his T shirt. I was walking around with a "Kong Ignition" black T shirt and that started a few conversations. On the way out, I got to talk with one of the club members about the Signal Hill - Hill Climb which I got to go to with my dad each May. I would like to thank Jeff also for the post and the flyer. It was the best $5 bucks i ever spent! Also, Craig Wise posted plenty of great photos on his FB page for those who do FB.
Thanks,
Offy 220 [Bruce].
Glad to hear that you got to meet some good people. Yup, I made it there early...only 100 back in line ! Early does not mean that you get the good stuff though. Darn kids with energy/eagerness running on ethyl, I guess, seemed to always be carrying what I was looking for !
I did slobber over ONE item seen, at gold price, a riley 4 port ohv head..nos !!

Also, brought something in the way of...hot off the press news...for four cylinder guys, i.e.- pictures of a new four cyl alum head by friend Jim B. He also had two copies of his second book. I had the last copy in my hand and it was bought (by some OLD dude) while I held it . Early bird with the cash syndrome, eh . He says...xcuse me, your holding MY book !

Jim's head looks to be a winner (7:1 pictured). Jim making 'improvements' in soon to be...next batch. Hope he doesn't mind my pictures promoting sales ..ha !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (48.1 KB, 18 views)
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote