View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 08:46 AM   #16
rotorwrench

Default Re: What heads? 1941 half ton.

Good communication now. No need to worry about it. If I were in your shoes and I already had a good 239 block to work with, I'd use it for a project like that whether it was a 99 type or a 59 type. If the little pickup came with a 239 in 1941, it would likely have been included in the VIN number with a 99C prefix at the beginning. They used the 9C prefix for commercials with the little 9N tractor engines. As far as heads are concerned, you would need 99T heads for the time period but the Big"A" 81A heads would be somewhat higher compression and might make it work better with the reliefs. I wouldn't be afraid to use 29A heads if some were located. They are all period correct even if not original. Rodder's back in the day would have been going for the best stuff they could find. If it is set up for a crab distributor, I'd use that too. It's simple and easier to work with and would be fine with a crank mounted fan. It may already have 29A con rods in it if it's a later engine and there is nothing wrong with those.

It's your pickup to do it your way.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 07-23-2017 at 09:13 AM.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote