View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 08:57 PM   #381
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteVS View Post
Do you mill any of your own lumber? I've just been reading about the logging in Washington and it's fascinating!
We have a bandsaw mill but we use it primarily to saw big old beams from buildings into dimensional lumber for cabinet and furniture projects. One of my beam suppliers has a tag line 'Logging the industrial forest'. The folks moving up to the islands from the cities like the fact that no trees were harmed in the building of their cabinets. As for me, I cut lots of them down to improve my view, get more sunlight, and heat my house and shop. Most of the trees around here are second and third growth and not the best for finish work. Of all the species here on the property, the alder is actually pretty nice for furniture.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote