View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 11:12 PM   #6
Drbrown

Default Re: 47 coupe trans mount

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I replaced my '47 coupe tranny mount. Mine was/is a one-piece long rubber saddle that came wedged into a new steel channel piece, all of which sits on top of the frame cross member. I removed the floor panel (not seat), loosened the anti-chatter rods, disconnected the clutch, carb and shift linkage, and removed the two bolts - one each side of the tranny. Now one really needs to have the car on a lift. I jacked/raised the rear of the tranny about a half inch. The clam shell, universal joint, drive train, longitudinal spring, tube shocks and rubber brake hoses at the rear allowed enough minor movement. The existing rubber saddle had been there so long it was like welded there. Had to use several crow bars to pry it loose. Slid out the old and slid new in. Used two large "C" clamps to pull the tranny down tight to the frame to be sure the new rubber was well seated onto the cross member and replaced the two bolts. Retightened the chatter rods and connected the linkages. Bingo. Actually, my tranny pad was in good condition. Regardless, a new one came with the kit (had already replaced the two front pads).
Drbrown is offline   Reply With Quote