View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 01:28 AM   #13
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: paint and finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32 chevy vett View Post
I got my new revised 2016 restoration guidelines and judging standards. I was very disappointed. I thought when you pay $50.00+with shipping you would get the whole book so I called to tell them I got from 13-18 to 15-1 missing all of 14. I was told this is revised.You should have that page in your book. I told her I do not have a book that is why I sent for this one. Pages 14-? is all about paint colors the one part I needed. Now I was then told it will cost you $30.00+ more to get pages 14-? so now the cost is $80.00+ They got me this time but they will never get me again. I feel I have been ripped off big time by MARC and MAFCA
Let's look at the ad from MAFCA,

The $55.00 one states;
"Now - New Model A Restoration Guidelines & Judging Standards with Revision 4 that includes 330 New pages with over 500 detailed photos. New illustrations and reorganized for more efficient use. The three ring binder contains 30 sections and all revisions."

and the 30.00 one states;

"Revision 4 Restoration Guidelines. 330 New pages and information with over 500 detailed photos and illustrations. Reorganized for more efficient use."

I can see where you got confused in the wording, the $30.00 order does not state that the past binder is needed and this is only a revision. But the picture is clear.

To say you were "ripped off" is a little harsh seeing a 55.00 book and a 30.00 book I would have called to ask about the difference.

Tell you what I would like to do for you, I bought the whole new book and I have a copy of the guidelines without the Revision 4 that has a brown cover, you have revision 4. You can have my old one, PM me.