View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 02:51 AM   #38
Hoogah

Default Re: Early 28 roadster on ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
The colour looks green and the pinstripe looks white.

This car looks very much like my old phaeton of Canadiian origin june 28 cowl stamp, that has since been passed on to another member here .

I am sure he will post a pic for comparison.

Also just curious, if this car was identical, but a phaeton, would it fetch more or less or the same ?
So here is the car to which Pooch refers. The body is unrestored, but has been oversprayed in some areas where the paintwork was deteriorating. However, the area under the side curtains at the tops of the doors shows what I think is original paint and has more blue than green. I wonder if the lack of sun damage in this area has better preserved it?

I wonder if this car was originally the same colour as the roadster? (Love the roadster!). I'm not sure if the Canadian cars that were assembled in Australia arrived here in their final topcoat of paint, or in undercoat (which would have made more sense to me). If they arrived here undercoated only, then any attempt to compare paint colours is probably pointless.

My car's body was transferred to a '29 chassis and mechanicals before I purchased it, but I'm told that the original chassis included the E28 style hand brake. One (!) front fender is the early style, and it originally had the early style wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31052014181.jpg (62.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg P1080069.jpg (111.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg P1080073(20%).jpg (8.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg P1090996(25%).jpg (46.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg P1090997(25%).jpg (55.8 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Hoogah; 01-23-2017 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Typo and additional info
Hoogah is offline   Reply With Quote