View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 02:21 PM   #3
Nickpohlaandp

Default Re: My "new" '27 Model T Sedan... what to do?

Well I certainly appreciate your advice. I was basing the $13-14k off of a quick Google search. By no means were those any kind of definite numbers, it took me all of 20 seconds to come up with them. I was just trying to get an idea of what one well restored would be worth. Honestly I was surprised. I thought they'd be worth more.

Well I see both of your points of view. I understand that it might not be the most desirable platform for some to do a hot rod project with, and I also understand that there are purists out there who would enjoy doing an all-original restoration. I happen to NOT be one of those purists. That being said, once I get it cleaned up a little bit I might post some pictures up around CL, FB Groups, this forum perhaps, and see if anyone has a hot rod project that they would like to trade for an original T. I'll leave it up for a month or so, see if I get any inquiries, and go from there. Maybe it's just what someone's been looking for. If not, I'll put it under the knife and just sell the parts that I don't use (fenders, engine, frame, etc.).

One way or another, I'm going to have my hot rod, but because this car is so complete, I have no qualms sitting on it for a while to see if anyone would want to trade something to save it from being hacked up.