View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 04:38 PM   #9
DBF 30

Default Re: 40 Convertible door bottom structure

oz40 and Kube, Thanks a million for all the info and super pictures. oz40, your work looks fantastic, you showed exactly what I am missing and need to fabricate. The pictures are just what I needed. Its hard to figure out what to build if it is missing to start with.

To be honest I did not even notice that the inner door bottoms were missing at first. The doors looked good from the outside and I did buy the car from just seeing pictures. Not the preferred way to do it for sure... but it was a 40 convertible that was mostly complete and had been stored in the desert for the last 40 years. Not a hard decision.

I just accidently stumbled across it online. Its pictures and advertisement was buried inside of the owner's company web site only. The company was in the process of being sold and its assets liquidated due to health issues.

When I called to investigate they initially had forgotten that they even had the car. After a few more questions they then remembered it and that it was stored out in a locked desert lot. The current owner was in the process of liquidating 40 muscle cars. They were not at all into old ford convertibles and were happy to sell it. They viewed it just as an old car that needed a lot of work and priced it accordingly. This made it a car that I could afford to buy and still be able to restore as a driver.

I have looked at 40 convertibles for years and never thought I would be able to get one. I have a couple of Model A's but my knowledge level on a 40 Convertible is near zero. I have a lot to learn and greatly appreciate all the help that everyone at Fordbarn is giving. Thanks!

DBF 30

Last edited by DBF 30; 10-09-2016 at 07:12 PM.
DBF 30 is offline   Reply With Quote