View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #47
crazycasey

Default Re: Need help from the flathead gurus...? Valve clearance issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOSFAST View Post
Hi Casey, one more time, that setup in the photos doesn't use the locators we're waiting on, the guides would be slightly different for the locator setup.

We are a Comp dealer but we buy the Flathead lifters direct from Topline, Comp Cams also buys theirs (811-FH's) from them so I know you'd be getting the correct parts for sure!

(Add) Have never needed a "Zephyr" spring in my life, and back in the mid '80's were doing 15 Flatheads per year. We were involved heavily with a build for a Flathead powered stock-car from upstate N.Y. Owner is very good friend to this day, sold the ride a while back. Saw 5000 RPM+ every weekend going in circles??

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. It's really a headache when things don't go as planned, hang in there! Don't be "afraid" to come up here and ask questions still, like I said earlier, it'll all come around eventually.
Gary,

I really appreciate all the info. Hey, so is that a stock spring!? And do you install it at the recommended 2.130" height, resulting in...40-ish lbs on the seat? I'm going to take my springs in and have them bench tested, and then take some measurements with a test spring in my block.
crazycasey is offline   Reply With Quote