View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 07:20 PM   #5
coupe1942

Default Re: OOOPS I think I had a senior moment!

I sometimes forget to wear my pants out in public. However, the good people at Wally World are all so caught up in showing off their ugly tats, multi-colored hair, metal art work stabbed through their noses or their body parts, pants on the ground, two isles wide fat rears and so forth that they don't even notice so all is right with the world when I do that. Heck, an' that is just the cashiers there.

Just joking though............ :-)

I took off my horn the other day to find out what parts were missing on it and to check out the wires and all. Well, the wires to the bullet connectors were frayed and broken in places so I thought I'd change them out, but we had guests for the holiday. I put everything inside the hood and closed it so I could come back later and finish off the job.

Well, my son-in-law wanted to go about the neighborhood for a drive and I was excited to take him. We headed off and on the very first stop, we notices smoke coming out from behind the instrument panel. Come to find out one of those bullet ends had touched the engine and shorted the wiring out. Burned the wires in several places and smoked up things pretty good before we could unhook it all. The wiring harness needed changing anyway, but I just wasn't expecting it to be because of my actions. Stupid human trick #7,001 for me, but all my own fault. I really don't need many more senior moments like that. Smoke billowing out right under the gas tank and all is not a fun memory, but it sure is a brown shorts moment.
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote