View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 12:14 AM   #222
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Mark, it's the fact you were willing to pass it along that counts. It is amazing to me how FTE and Fordbarners have ralleyed to send me parts they weren't using for their projects. I got an email today from a friend who retired from woodworking and offered me some beautiful veneers he had squirreled away. Last week a client who we built cabinets for decided he'd never use the new bandsaw he'd bought and asked if I wanted it. It's like a reverse tornado on Mt. Pickett.... Good stuff just lands here. My 4 kids all live in Seattle and love to come up for July 4th weekend and the parade, so for father's day I got to spend the day cleaning and organizing the shops and then rolling out the woodie for it's first light of day. I had never been able to step back and look at it since I started it. I did some fairing of the roof structure and corners because the natural shadows showed where there were flat spots and bumps. Was a great afternoon to have a couple beers and just sit for a while, feeling like I had made good progress on a lifelong dream. Thanks for all of your continued support. It means a lot to me to have so many friends sharing the build with me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barstools and woodie outside 091.jpg (84.2 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg barstools and woodie outside 020.jpg (87.3 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg more outside woodie 010.jpg (86.0 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg more outside woodie 053.jpg (70.3 KB, 197 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)