View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 08:42 PM   #10
tubman

Default Re: Have Fallen in Love...With My ' 51 3-spd. O/D

When I was at my shop today, I went through my overdrive stuff. I have a couple of complete transmissions (with solenoids, governors, etc.). I also have a new reproduction wiring harness, a working relay, 2 kickdown switches and I DID FIND my lock out cable. I have a couple of questions : first, can someone take some pictures of where the relay mounts on the firewall and how the lockout cable mounts to the bottom of the dash? I thought that there would be some obvious mounting holes on the firewall, but I can't find them. I also seem to remember that the lockout cable mounts on a bracket under the dash (much like the hood release cable), but if it does, I don't have that bracket. Second, the interior wire on my lockout cable is broken. I would imagine this cable is probably the toughest part to find, so I would like to repair mine. I found some .080 stainless steel spring wire on eBay for a reasonable price. Does anybody know how they anchored the wire to the pull handle? It looks like it's just crimped in for about 4 inches; anybody got some specifics?
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote