View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 08:36 PM   #42
anothercarguy

Default Re: Freshly Rebuilt 59AB Help Needed, Near end of my Rope

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard crow View Post
plastic gauge the mains a must.if to much clerance remember what i said about the boses. it,s rare but i have seen it
So far, the engine is out of the car, and the valve train is removed (crank and rods still in place). Tomorrow, I'll mount the block on a stand and remove the crank and rods and put the micrometer to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Dupont--Me. View Post
That flat spot belongs there, it's a little rough but that's not the problem, you can install a couple of small flat washers in the cap to raise pressure on the spring, are you sure the plug is installed in the front of the main oil line behind the cam gear? I put oil in the pressure tank and force it in to the engine, if that plug is out oil will running out by the front main. Walt
I had checked for the gallery plug behind the timing gear before I first pulled the oil pan...it is in place.

I've measured the front cam bearing...in the front half (forward of the cut around the circumference) there is .0039" clearance, and the rear half of the bearing has .0042" clearance. I can't measure the mid bearing until the crank is out (no bore gauge...have the telescopic gauges so need room to be able to get in there).

Also good to know the flat spot on the pressure relief valve is supposed to be there.

The quest in the shop will continue tomorrow. Again, Thanks to all for your help, suggestions and knowledge. Tim
anothercarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)