View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #20
johnneilson

Default Re: Installing a model B crank into A have some ?'s

There is a Saturn rod bearing that is 1.850 ID and fits between the main bolts in the "A" block without relieving.
Works very well, especially with full pressure oiling. I just cannot imagine putting in inserts and NOT pressure oiling.
As for bearing speeds, yes, larger diameter equals more surface speed. Assuming that the bearing is properly lubricated, at our speeds is a non issue. My race motor has 2.500 dia bearings and spins much faster than 2k. I want to see a Mod "A" or "B" turn "ProStock" revolutions, from a distance I might add!
Valve seats, yep do those also, you just have to select the proper size and be careful at assembly.

Scat made some cranks to fit "B" blocks and uses "A" rods. For most people this is a fantastic combination and the machine work is Top Notch. Unfortunately, the combination doesn't handle high output very well and I have seen a couple broken cranks. Everything here on the "A", "B" is a compromise. Be realistic and you will have good results. Go past the edge and your wallet will remind you.

J