View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 09:32 PM   #59
Old Henry

Default Re: Correct Coil Resistance

What a relief! What a blessed relief! - to have Old Henry's heart ticking again just as it should and hasn't for months. It passed the stress EKG with flying colors - no arrhythmia, no tachycardia, no stumbling nor stuttering of any kind. And more power than I've had for months.

The biggest problem I had I didn't notice 'till I got working with that old inner distributor cap some more. See if you can see it.

The button that's supposed to be in the middle of it for the rotor blade to run on isn't even there! There was nothing for the rotor blade to run on to get the spark except just sliding over what was left of the base of the button. Add that to all of the other problems with the worn terminals and cracked terminal bases and I think we have the biggest problem there was. I replaced that along with all of the spark plug wires and the engine runs fantastic and powerful in the most harsh acceleration and up the steepest long climb - like it hasn't done for months.

Thanks to everyone for all of your help.