View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
felix37

Default New Stromberg BIG 97

Just wanted To let you all know I installed one of Stromberg's new BIG 97's on my 37 a few weeks I have been running a 94 for several years and was OK with it but after several re builds it was giving me some trouble. I rebuilt my 59A last year and installed a Max1 cam, electric ignition, and Red's headers. I spent a BUNCH of time deburring, polishing and then plating my original 37 intake so going to a multi carb set up wasn't on my radar, plus I drive my car every day and didn't want to be messing with carburetor's on a regular basis.. I thought my car could use a little more performance, so when I saw this new carb I thought it would be a good solution. I'm glad I did this! I bolted it on and had an immediate improvement. Stromberg say's they produce 250 cfm with improved fuel circuits...After running this for a few weeks, the only issue I have had is that If I leave it idling for several minutes it will load up a bit, I believe I can remedy this by going down a jet size.
anyway, I'm pretty happy with the switch and was just wondering if anyone else is using one of these yet and their experience thus far?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg defef.jpg (10.5 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg fsf.jpg (34.5 KB, 102 views)
felix37 is offline   Reply With Quote