Thread: Parts dealers
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 03:51 AM   #16
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Parts dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray P View Post
Everyone enjoying their Model A's should be grateful there are so many quality suppliers. I go back to the sixties when there were very few parts available. Our cars were only thirty years old but most Model A's were pretty much worn out by then so there was a definite need for parts. The company that had the most Model A parts was J C Whitney. Their offerings were pretty basic. There was just enough available to keep an A running plus a few restoration parts. There were a few specialty suppliers such as Obsolete Ford Parts and you could get tires and batteries from Sears. There were more parts cars around in those days and that was where I went for things like a water pump,manifold or axle. Of course those cars are mostly gone now often becoming new projects for new Model A fans. Thank goodness for all the suppliers and vendors we have today plus all the great literature that's available. Believe me there was a time when it was a lot tougher restoring or maintaining a Model A.
Ray, were you around back when the infamous 'Rick-Pack' was offered by that purveyor from Shawnee Mission, KS? Man, THAT was dandy merchandise!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote