The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   You know it is really winter when!!!! (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93127)

35 coupe 12-29-2012 06:46 PM

You know it is really winter when!!!!

IT's really winter when you have you old fords tucked away safe, and your outside snowblowing 10" of snow and you have just launched a frozen dog TURD about 15 feet out of you blower......

ct1932ford 12-29-2012 06:55 PM

Re: You know it is really winter when!!!!

You have flying squirrels in the attic!:eek:

Graeme / New Zealand 12-29-2012 07:00 PM

In the Southern Hemisphere it is nice and warm here but a little wet today.

Shadetree 12-29-2012 07:01 PM

You know it is really winter when it is too cold to work in the shop and you have lots of spare time..

Scott H in Wheaton 12-29-2012 08:22 PM

Around here I know its winter when my roofing estimates start slowing down and I finally have time to work on my '36 pickup...IN THE COLD! Makes it tough to do bodywork and paint :(

Lanny 12-29-2012 08:50 PM

winter gets brutal when you can't afford indoor plumbing,,,BUUUURRRRRRRR

https://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...psae769bbf.jpg

BrianCT 12-29-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct1932ford (Post 561581)
You have flying squirrels in the attic!:eek:

And we have a foot of snow.
Ours prefer to be between floors.
We hardly ever had them around as kids.
Also the Ladybugs have moved in for the winter.

53F100Jeffie 12-29-2012 09:42 PM

I to launched a frozen dog turd or turds today. I used my blower more this week than I did all last year. I live in one of the snowiest cities in the US, Syracuse, NY. I had some issues with my 2006 F150, thought it was a battery, but now I think it's a fuel issue. Hope to get it fixed soon. I had to get towed by one of the guys in my F.D., he drives a Dodge. I said this is going to be a funny picture on the internet!
Happy Winter...
Jeff :)

Graeme / New Zealand 12-29-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53F100Jeffie (Post 561712)
I to launched a frozen dog turd or turds today. I used my blower more this week than I did all last year. I live in one of the snowiest cities in the US, Syracuse, NY. I had some issues with my 2006 F150, thought it was a battery, but now I think it's a fuel issue. Hope to get it fixed soon. I had to get towed by one of the guys in my F.D., he drives a Dodge. I said this is going to be a funny picture on the internet!
Happy Winter...
Jeff :)

If you managed to get them up into the outer stratosphere they could be down in time for spring !:rolleyes:

GB

BILL WZOREK 12-30-2012 04:26 AM

You know it is winter when:
To have a better understanding of GRAVITY / One moment you are standing looking at the snow covered 53 Mainline then next you are on you BOOM BOOM

Been there done that ::::::::

Henry Hopper 12-30-2012 04:49 AM

We've had the wettest year since records began, probably started by the Romans,...it never seems to stop raining...snow would be a change for us...it's not cold but it sure is damp.A workmates of mine is married to a woman from Pheonix AZ,who is used to yearround sunshine.....it is driving her insane and they are moving to China in June, she is a teacher and has found a job over there .

ken ct 12-30-2012 04:50 AM

Watcha doing up at 4:30 AM Bill pee break like me i guess LOL,LOL. ken ct. or you up for plowing.We got about 4" here not to bad. ken ct. Now i wish i was going to Fl. but not in the cards anymore,

BILL WZOREK 12-30-2012 04:59 AM

Ken:

I desided to sleep in this Morning lol lol

Snow about 4" also.

I have a landscape customer that I have plow the upper yard, that way it will be open for my daughter to go to work,That gives me the rest of the day to plow the rest of the yard at my pace.

ken ct 12-30-2012 05:28 AM

Go easy on those recycled knees pal,ya can only recycle so many times be careful. lol lol. ken ct.

4dFord/SC 12-30-2012 07:06 AM

Yeah, we're suffering down here in Dixie too. Got down to 34º last night!! Will get the leaf blower out this morning and try launching half-frozen dog turds at the squirrels.;)

G.M. 12-30-2012 11:26 AM

It's extremly cold here in Florida, 65 today. Going back up to near 80 over the next few days where it belongs. Haven't needed a long sleeved shirt yet. G.M.

TStiles 12-30-2012 11:32 AM

Had a white Christmas but it's all gone except up in the Olympics and Cascades. Ski areas are booming. We'll end the year @ right on 50 inches of rain. 2012 was a pretty soggy one...

Henry/Kokomo 12-30-2012 11:33 AM

12*F in central Indiana this morning. All the way up to 23* by 11AM w/ about 8" of snow on the ground. Hey! It's December. All is normal.

1937pickup 12-30-2012 11:54 AM

It is good the dog turds were frozen-if they were fresh it coul have been unpleasent.

Ralph Moore 12-31-2012 04:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
You Know it's really winter when.........you can hardly see your next project(s). Sorry forn the poor light, but this is about the brightest it gets this time of year.