The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ragner and Sally Lindman's 1929 Phaeton. Where is it now? (Henry's Lady Pages 66-68) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300904)

gz 07-08-2021 02:09 AM

Ragner and Sally Lindman's 1929 Phaeton. Where is it now? (Henry's Lady Pages 66-68)

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the story.....

I have owned a lot of neat old cars and a lot of Model As.

The one Model A that has always stood out in my mind is the 1929 Phaeton that was once owned by Ragner (Rags) and Sally Lindman. This car is pictured on pages 66-68 of the great old Model A book "Henry's Lady". Rags and Sally were from Anaheim, California. I grew up in SoCal and got indoctrinated into the old car world when I was a kid in SoCal.

Why does THIS phaeton stand out in my mind, you ask? Well, it was the first Model A I was given a ride in as a kid. I also have fond memories of Rags,Sally and their daughters as they were at every SoCal swap meet selling new and used Model A parts when I was a kid. When I was 16 I had a really bad 1931 pickup and they were so helpful in me getting this truck running and driving. Their encouragement was infectious. They were pivotal people in the SoCal Model A and swap meet world back in the 1980s.

Sally and their daughters drove this phaeton cross country on more than one occasion and her travels were documented in a SoCal monthly publication called Antique Motor News which was published out of Long Beach, Ca and was the old car montly "bible" for those of us in Southern California. We couldn't wait to receive it every month and Sally's articles were one of the reasons. (Their other Model A was a 1931 panel truck called Mr. Goldfield that was also driven across country and written about profusely).

Rags and Sally were such great people, and they are amongst the people I attribute my life long interest-and life long profession-in the old car world. I believe Rags passed away a couple of years ago and I do not know if Sally is still alive.

Does anyone know who owns THIS phaeton now? Obviously, I would like to be considered as a buyer if this car would ever become for sale.

Does anyone else remember Rags and Sally Lindman?? It would be fun to hear some stories....

mercman from oz 07-08-2021 05:14 AM

Re: Ragner and Sally Lindman's 1929 Phaeton. Where is it now? (Henry's Lady Pages 66-

https://fordbarn.com/forum/attachmen...p;d=1625728128
Missing 1929 Ford Model A Phaeton - where is it now?

jb-ob 07-08-2021 06:10 AM

Re: Ragner and Sally Lindman's 1929 Phaeton. Where is it now? (Henry's Lady Pages 66-

It's probably hiding under white wall tires, painted wheels, multiple step plates, and side mounts.......

rusty12 07-20-2021 05:17 PM

I remember Rags and Sally very well. When I was very young and just starting in this hobby, I purchased a 1931 roadster project from them many years ago at the Long Beach Model T swap meet when it was still at the old Hamilton Bowl (aka The Dust Bowl to us old timers). Over the years, I purchased a lot of Model A parts from them both at swap meets and from their house. Although I remember this 1929 phaeton, I have no idea where it is now.

Neil Mylar LakewoodCA 07-20-2021 11:04 PM

They were both nice people.
I think there was an article in the Restorer magazine about Sally's trip.
I'm not sure if it was in the article, but I heard that Sally carried a hand gun with her on her cross country trip. She was fearless.
:)

ronn 07-25-2021 09:19 AM

and why wouldnt one of the daughters now own this car?

makes the most sense to me.........

ETAModel 07-25-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Mylar LakewoodCA (Post 2038047)
They were both nice people.
I think there was an article in the Restorer magazine about Sally's trip.
I'm not sure if it was in the article, but I heard that Sally carried a hand gun with her on her cross country trip. She was fearless.
:)

Down here everyone carries a hand gun... kinda like a spare tire... better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
🤠

ETAModel 07-25-2021 03:59 PM

Btw, I recently got a copy of Henry's Lady. Very informative and some nice cars. Color photos would be an improvement.

Chuck Sea/Tac 07-26-2021 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronn (Post 2039394)
and why wouldnt one of the daughters now own this car?

makes the most sense to me.........

Unfortunately, that seems to be the way things are going these days!

jb-ob 07-26-2021 03:11 PM

Daughters usually grow up having other interests & objectives.

Ask me how I know! (Mine is getting married Hershey weekend !!)

Roadster62 07-26-2021 07:36 PM

Hope you can find it and buy it. First ride vehicles are special, so glad I have my 1912 Ford. Bob