The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mercury Sunset Pano (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264757)

RalphG 06-11-2019 11:24 PM

Mercury Sunset Pano

1 Attachment(s)
Experimenting with "pano" photos on the I phone. It gives an interesting view of today's sunset over the Mercury. Had a good drive last night to see how the "new" radiator handled cooling and it ran right on the centre of the gauge. No thermostats. Temp was only in the 70s though so we'll see what it does in the 80s one of these days.

RalphM 06-12-2019 12:03 AM

Re: Mercury Sunset Pano

Great shot! Wish my phone was bigger.

flatford8 06-12-2019 03:47 AM

Great photo Ralph!!!....talk about the wide open spaces!!.....how many acres do you farm up there??.....we haven’t got much for warm weather here either....I’m still running the heat in my car on my way to work in the AM.......Mark

corvette8n 06-12-2019 07:34 AM

Wow great picture Ralph, save that one for the calendar your gonna make someday.

RalphG 06-12-2019 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by flatford8 (Post 1766850)
Great photo Ralph!!!....talk about the wide open spaces!!.....how many acres do you farm up there??.....we haven’t got much for warm weather here either....I’m still running the heat in my car on my way to work in the AM.......Mark

At barely a thousand acres I'm just a hobby farmer here nowadays. Any more than that and I wouldn't have much time to play with old cars.

flatford8 06-12-2019 07:02 PM

I don’t think the town I live in is a thousand acres!!....I’d be proud to have one of those calendars on my wall if you decide to do it......Mark

scicala 06-12-2019 08:21 PM

Great picture ! I agree, it would look great on a calendar.

Sal

RalphG 06-13-2019 01:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know I talked about a calendar of Mercury photos last year but it never got beyond that stage. I guess there is hope for next year now.
Took a drone shot of a Mercury sunset last night.

scicala 06-14-2019 08:28 PM

Ralph, there you go. That's a good picture for another month on the calendar !

Sal

Ggmac 06-15-2019 05:15 PM

Look a crop circle ! Beautiful pictures.

Graeme / New Zealand 06-15-2019 06:17 PM

Love the shot Roosty. What beautiful country, wide open spaces to loose yourself and no "rat race"...... only for me I like a few hills though as I go "nuts" and do a bit of mountain / trail running. Do that calendar!

GB

VeryTangled 06-15-2019 06:51 PM

Hi Everyone. Roosty, there is a difference between a picture an a piece of art to look at again and again and appreciate something new every time. You are doing just that. Thanks for the share! Dang I wanna drive up to your farm!

RalphG 06-15-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme / New Zealand (Post 1768042)
Love the shot Roosty. What beautiful country, wide open spaces to loose yourself and no "rat race"...... only for me I like a few hills though as I go "nuts" and do a bit of mountain / trail running. Do that calendar!

GB

Thanks Graeme. We do have some winding up and down roads here but I have not been on them yet with the Merc. Its hard to show on a two dimensional screen though. Even the hills look relatively flat. Hope to get out and take a few pictures once it dries up here from the rain.