The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   vick perno (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271875)

richard crow 10-29-2019 07:07 PM

vick perno

don,t know if i got the name right he used to post what i did on my lunch hour haven,t seen any post latey

slowforty 10-29-2019 07:08 PM

Re: vick perno

Vic Piano

Mart 10-29-2019 07:27 PM

Google Cigar City Concours d'elegance. That's the show that Vic promotes.

V8COOPMAN 10-29-2019 07:34 PM

Vic finally took "Lunchtime" a little too seriously, ate a way too much over all this time and simply blew-up. DD

Kube 10-29-2019 07:48 PM

Seriously, I thought he had passed. Heard his porch collapsed on him or something. No?

Automotive Stud 10-30-2019 10:56 AM

Vic has still been active on instagram, all indications are that he's alive and well.

Pat/Ohio 10-30-2019 11:17 AM

Just spoke to Vic on the phone...He is alive and well! Working hard on promoting his car show in November. He wishes everyone to be safe and good health!

Pat

Kube 10-30-2019 11:19 AM

Whoops.

Vic Piano 10-30-2019 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry to disappoint Cooman & Kube but, like Mark Twain said, "reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated". I haven't spent as much time on the FordBarn as I did before I launched the Cigar City Concours d'Elegance. Last year was the inaugural on Veterans Day, Sunday November 11, 2018. We had a total of 307 vehicles on the field, eighty of which were Concours Judged. This years event will take place on Saturday & Sunday, November 9th & 10th at Tampa Bay Downs thoroughbred racetrack. This event is not limited or restricted to Early Ford vehicles in fact, we had and will again have classic cars from museums, individual collections, etc. The website is: CigarCityConcours.com. If any of you are interested in attending, tickets are available on the website and at the event.

Kube 10-30-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Piano (Post 1815849)
Sorry to disappoint Cooman & Kube but, like Mark Twain said, "reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated". I haven't spent as much time on the FordBarn as I did before I launched the Cigar City Concours d'Elegance. Last year was the inaugural on Veterans Day, Sunday November 11, 2018. We had a total of 307 vehicles on the field, eighty of which were Concours Judged. This years event will take place on Saturday & Sunday, November 9th & 10th at Tampa Bay Downs thoroughbred racetrack. This event is not limited or restricted to Early Ford vehicles in fact, we had and will again have classic cars from museums, individual collections, etc. The website is: CigarCityConcours.com. If any of you are interested in attending, tickets are available on the website and at the event.

I can't speak for Coopman. However, I am indifferent.

Automotive Stud 10-30-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kube (Post 1815870)
I can't speak for Coopman. However, I am indifferent.

Wow, feel the love.

JM 35 Sedan 10-30-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Piano (Post 1815849)

Vic, thanks for the update. Would love to get down there to attend your show, but just not in the cards for this year. Hoping all goes as well for your show this year, as it did last.

Maybe Kube could somehow make arrangements to enter some of his high point '39/'40 Ford restorations in the Cigar City Concours d'Elegance. I'm sure it would be a great experience for many folks to get to see some of the cars he has done.

redmodelt 10-30-2019 08:23 PM

Here a link to it all 2760 post and 138 pages of it;

what i did on my lunch hour;
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58219

hook00pad 10-31-2019 10:07 AM

That thread is pretty amazing, isn't it.

Vic Piano 10-31-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan (Post 1815912)
Vic, thanks for the update. Would love to get down there to attend your show, but just not in the cards for this year. Hoping all goes as well for your show this year, as it did last.

Maybe Kube could somehow make arrangements to enter some of his high point '39/'40 Ford restorations in the Cigar City Concours d'Elegance. I'm sure it would be a great experience for many folks to get to see some of the cars he has done.

Hi John,

Sorry you can't make it to the second annual Cigar City Concours d'Elegance this year. How about the Cigar City Flatheads Winterfest in March? I haven't been too involved with that event for the last two years because of the Concours. As for Kube, I too am indifferent with respect to any of his cars, nice as they might be. Last year we had a total of 307 vehicles on the show field, eighty of them were Concours judged and half of that number came from museums all across the South East. While we did have, and will have again, some excellent Flathead Fords, Lincolns, and Zephyrs, they are not a primary focus. Anyone can submit their vehicles for consideration to be included in the third annual Cigar City Concours d'Elegance which we will announce after the second annual is over. The date for this years event is November 10th (for the public). The website is:CigarCityConcours.com.

Hoop 11-01-2019 07:27 AM

Vic, weather forecast looks good ... everthing else will fall into place by show time.

Good luck and keep up the good work.

Hoop

Vic Piano 11-01-2019 01:27 PM

Thanks Hoop, I appreciate that. Think you might be able to get to Tampa next weekend to come to the event? I'd like to invite you to be my guest. Let me know if you can make it.

mfirth 11-01-2019 02:01 PM

Wish we were still go'n to Ellenton in the winter, cause i'd surely drop in.
Keep on Flathead'n.... mike

Hoop 11-01-2019 03:50 PM

Vic, what an offer ... going to be a great concours. Thank you. Check your PM's.

Vic Piano 11-01-2019 07:26 PM

I just firmed up the event dates for the third annual Cigar City Concours d'Elegance, it will be held at Tampa Bay Downs on November 14th & 15th, 2020. s they say, "save the date".