The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WOWELLS SHEET METALAnyone (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259027)

bobgc 02-10-2019 04:49 PM

WOWELLS SHEET METALAnyone

Anyone know what's going on at Howell's sheet metal? I ordered some parts the last week of Dec. called on Jan , 14 and was told they shipped on the 10th and still no parts. Repeated calls and messages go unanswered, are they still in business?

34 Ford Cabriolet 02-10-2019 04:50 PM

WOWELLS SHEET METALAnyone

I only buy stuff from them off eBay. When purchasing from their site or phone they are really slow. It seams the eBay rating means something to them. Ships right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WABOOM 02-10-2019 05:09 PM

Re: WOWELLS SHEET METALAnyone

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobgc (Post 1725579)
Anyone know what's going on at Howell's sheet metal? I ordered some parts the last week of Dec. called on Jan , 14 and was told they shipped on the 10th and still no parts. Repeated calls and messages go unanswered, are they still in business?

There's no excuse for operating like that. It pisses me off big time.

34 Ford Cabriolet 02-10-2019 05:10 PM

And I think you meant Howells sheet metal also known as www.fordor.com

Heard 02-10-2019 05:15 PM

I ordered some parts from Howells a while back. After repeated phone calls, they finally gave me a tracking number. Who the hell knows what tracking number they gave me 'cause it was for a shipment that was delivered to a city about 100 miles from me. I gave up trying to get them to re-ship or credit me. I had to dispute it with my credit card company.

Good luck!!

Alaska Jim 02-10-2019 05:23 PM

I bought stuff from them years ago, the parts did not fit and were junk as far as I am concerned, they are still laying in a corner of the shop waiting to be used as pieces for patch panels, as that is all they are good for.

3739ford 02-10-2019 05:50 PM

I ordered parts and was told they would be shipped soon. They answered the phone for a couple of times still saying soon, then would not answer after that. After 119 days I filed a compliant with cc company and got my money back. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Bob C 02-10-2019 06:25 PM

Never heard anything good about them.

Bob

FHFD 02-10-2019 07:51 PM

More info on the HAMB, if you do a search..many poor reviews.

tubman 02-10-2019 08:57 PM

Unfortunately, they are sometimes the only game in town. "Ya pays yer money and take yer chances." We have been through this many times before. The "Search" function is your friend.

zzlegend 02-11-2019 08:32 AM

Not any one around making 26-27 T parts. I few years ago i ordered a 27 roadster deck lid. Tried to call a few times over the next 7 weeks. No answer. When it arrived, tried to fit it. But that was a failure. Had to reopen the seams and do a lot of work to get it to fit. Lesson learned. If i were ever to buy from them again, i would buy from a vendor that sells their parts, that way you have a better shot at receiving it. Or purchase on ebay and you have recourse if needed. ebay name,,,,09-40

Dave Castle 02-11-2019 11:11 AM

Junk !!

34 Ford Cabriolet 02-13-2019 12:10 AM

I have bought some 34 sheet metal from Howells although only through EBay and for the most part it has fit well

V12Bill 02-13-2019 02:41 PM

Bought parts via E bay from them for my 39 PU and the fit was very good and shipping no problem. I recently bought parts from a vender in Fla . They were shipped on Dec 26 and I received them on Jan 21 via USPS. Took 2 weeks to get from Jacksonville, Fla to Phila. PA. No explanation was ever offered from the PO.

uncle buck 02-13-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V12Bill (Post 1726616)
Bought parts via E bay from them for my 39 PU and the fit was very good and shipping no problem. I recently bought parts from a vender in Fla . They were shipped on Dec 26 and I received them on Jan 21 via USPS. Took 2 weeks to get from Jacksonville, Fla to Phila. PA. No explanation was ever offered from the PO.

My guess is because the boxes didn't say " AMAZON ".
It seems like everything else is lower priority as far as packages are concerned with the post office

40cpe 02-13-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V12Bill (Post 1726616)
Took 2 weeks to get from Jacksonville, Fla to Phila. PA. No explanation was ever offered from the PO.

It is not unusual any more. I mailed a flat rate box to Colorado Springs. It got to Denver and was sent back to my home post office. It was sent again and went to a small town near us. Sent out again and finally got to its destination 15 days later.

V12Bill 02-14-2019 04:03 PM

Are there two Howells sheet metal companys? One seems to have poor fit and poor shipping (internet) a and one seems to have good fit and shipping ( ebay).

tubman 02-14-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V12Bill (Post 1726923)
Are there two Howells sheet metal companys? One seems to have poor fit and poor shipping (internet) a and one seems to have good fit and shipping ( ebay).

Makes perfect sense to me, seeing what the norm is these days.

JSeery 02-15-2019 12:08 AM

IMO R&J is a better source for 33-34 parts (some 32).