The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   three years ago (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165652)

Brendan 04-05-2015 08:38 AM

three years ago

three years a go I brought home my Roadster. I have developed a love hate relationship with it. some times it runs great, others it seems that it dose not seem to run good at all. I guess it just like to sit on the days it dose not run good. but it shure is a fun car to drive
http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps75f142c8.jpg

Brendan 04-05-2015 08:45 AM

Re: three years ago

trying to get the carb adjusted, http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps4cu65mpo.jpg

Tiny 04-05-2015 11:31 AM

That's a really nice looking car. I'm still regretting not bringing home that roadster we were looking at at Turlock

Big hammer 04-05-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 1063429)

I see the problem! red paint on motor :-) just kidding NICE car !!!

Brendan 04-05-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiny (Post 1063557)
That's a really nice looking car. I'm still regretting not bringing home that roadster we were looking at at Turlock

that was a Kool car!

Tiny 04-05-2015 12:39 PM

Is your car juice or mechanical brakes? Drop axle or?

Brendan 04-05-2015 12:59 PM

48 brakes, dropped axle, and F1 steering. also has a mitchell

Great Lakes Greg 04-05-2015 01:57 PM

Looks like a lot of mods. The more you mess with the recipe, the more stuff needs tweaking. I'll bet it's a real runner when it's on it's game though.

Brendan 04-05-2015 02:18 PM

the most I have ever driven in one day is 250 miles, and did not have to open the tool box, I drove it pretty hard that day. the old toad did good!

Mike V. Florida 04-05-2015 03:19 PM

Electronic ignition?

Brendan 04-05-2015 07:48 PM

yup, FS distributer and 12 volts

pgerhardt 04-05-2015 09:00 PM

Sounds like you have moved as far away from a vintage model A driving experience as possible while still running a model A engine. Why not go full street rod and eliminate your last frustration?

hardtimes 04-05-2015 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 1063898)
yup, FS distributer and 12 volts

Hey Brendan,
Mike may have hit on something solid in his question !
Did you do the elect ign install or did it come to you already on the car ?

Follow up Q: How long after elect ign install (if you did such) did problem first appear ?

BTW...love the looks/color/stance !!

Tiny 04-05-2015 10:46 PM

Why all the haters? On Easter even. It's his car, it's the way he wants it's. With the exception of the lowered stance. It sound like a lot of the touring cars I know. At least he doesn't have a Chevy 5 speed, air conditioning, white walls and one of those lame cup holders cluttering up the dash.

Lighten up people. It's a great looking roadster any of us would be happy to have.

Mike V. Florida 04-05-2015 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiny (Post 1064011)
Why all the haters? On Easter even. It's his car, it's the way he wants it's. With the exception of the lowered stance. It sound like a lot of the touring cars I know. At least he doesn't have a Chevy 5 speed, air conditioning, white walls and one of those lame cup holders cluttering up the dash.

Lighten up people. It's a great looking roadster any of us would be happy to have.

Who is hating?

We need to know the setup of the car before any intelligent suggestions can be given.

I asked about the ignition because it is more susceptible to problems with incorrect voltage, poor (loose, corroded) connections, such as power and ground then a stock points ign.

If you know of someone that has a stock distributor, you may want to change it out just to eliminate it as the source of the problem. I'm assuming you do not have a spare module.

hardtimes 04-06-2015 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida (Post 1064037)
Who is hating?

We need to know the setup of the car before any intelligent suggestions can be given.

I asked about the ignition because it is more susceptible to problems with incorrect voltage, poor (loose, corroded) connections, such as power and ground then a stock points ign.

If you know of someone that has a stock distributor, you may want to change it out just to eliminate it as the source of the problem. I'm assuming you do not have a spare module.

Hey Mike,
SPOT ON !!
I haven't seen hate comments, maybe dislike where a guy should maybe pass on over the thread.
To add to what Mike is saying to help here, I have had elect module in my 'stock looking' dist for 10 yrs...without trouble. The MAIN problem with installing this equipment...is exactly as Mike describes. If you look at things closer and objectively, you will see help when it's offered, eh ;)

dumb person 04-06-2015 02:55 AM

i like the tires.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardtimes (Post 1064067)
I haven't seen hate comments

The guy that asked why he hadn't turned it into a toyota corolla.

CarlG 04-06-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiny (Post 1064011)
... At least he doesn't have... one of those lame cup holders cluttering up the dash...

Whooooooaaaaa. Don't let my wife hear you taking like this. Places for "stuff" are non existent as it is in a pickup. It's also a handy place for her to put her iPhone.

Brentwood Bob 04-06-2015 10:17 AM

Auxillary ground strap from cross member ground to starter bolt. Be sure to get down to bare metal.
Bob

mshmodela 04-06-2015 10:44 AM

Very nice looking roadster.... Good luck with getting the bugs out...