The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Model A I think I need another (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268890)

Aok 09-03-2019 01:20 PM

Model A I think I need another

Sold my 31 coupe about 18 months ago said I was done with old cars getting old 68+.
It guess I have a addiction problem thinking about another Model A either a phaeton or a PU.

Anyhow I need know where the link is to overall lengths I looked but could not find it. if I get another one it needs to fit in new garage.
I moved from NJ to Tx so will update my profile.

Thanks

Mulletwagon 09-03-2019 02:31 PM

Re: Model A I think I need another

You need another A to help you through the trauma of turning 70 - worked for me (LOL) !

walkerlakeprinter 09-03-2019 02:41 PM

It's always comforting to be around something that is older than you. Keeps you young. I'm 71 and just picking up a little speed on the downhill.

Redbird 09-03-2019 03:37 PM

Where are you in Texas? My 31 coupe is about 12' 9" from bumper to bumper. I live in Del Webb Sun City Georgetown, TX. just North of Austin.

Aok 09-03-2019 05:10 PM

Moved into sun city a few months back. Good to know their are some Model A people here.

Synchro909 09-03-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulletwagon (Post 1795134)
You need another A to help you through the trauma of turning 70 - worked for me (LOL) !

Turning 70 was easy for me - I didn't have to do a thing.:rolleyes: Maybe my Model As helped me as I did it but I consider 70 a privilege denied to many.

Ted Duke 09-03-2019 05:54 PM

Hey KID,
I'm pushing 83 and accepted a 1970 VW Karmann Ghia when it was offered this year (got it running), I'm getting my wife's 65 Mustang body reworked and painted at present, my 1929 will be out of the paint shop (my son's garage) soon, and if the wife would let me I would find me a 35 or 36 coupe.

http://www.motormayhem.net/model-a-f...pecifications/

Try this link and have fun.

Ted

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aok (Post 1795111)
Sold my 31 coupe about 18 months ago said I was done with old cars getting old 68+.
It guess I have a addiction problem thinking about another Model A either a phaeton or a PU.

Anyhow I need know where the link is to overall lengths I looked but could not find it. if I get another one it needs to fit in new garage.
I moved from NJ to Tx so will update my profile.

Thanks

Mulletwagon 09-03-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synchro909 (Post 1795211)
Turning 70 was easy for me - I didn't have to do a thing.:rolleyes: Maybe my Model As helped me as I did it but I consider 70 a privilege denied to many.

It is right around 70 that we realize life is much like a roll of toilet paper - the less we have, the faster it goes.

I have been told the next phase of the ageing process is when we can hide our own Easter eggs.

The eyes are the first thing to go ---- can't remember the rest.

The good news is that every time I drive my Model A - it is a new experience.

In the words of the great philosopher Spock, "Live long and prosper".

The Best,
FL Panhandle

aford193031 09-03-2019 07:37 PM

Yeah you need another A. Isn't the bumper to bumper dimension the same on all of the cars? The wheelbase is the same. The rear bumper brackets could change lengths depending on body style.

mike657894 09-03-2019 07:41 PM

I read the headline and figured you were buying a second A i was going to tell you to get a different car. But Get another A if you dont have one. The rest of the oldies are rusty pieces of junk. I should know im working on a rotten 1965 mustang.

Aok 09-03-2019 10:04 PM

Thanks Ted that is the link I was looking for.
Ok everyone convinced me I should look for another A.
Not that I though anyone here would tell me not to get one :D
Ed

Synchro909 09-03-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aok (Post 1795312)
Thanks Ted that is the link I was looking for.
Ok everyone convinced me I should look for another A.
Not that I though anyone here would tell me not to get one :D
Ed

That's why you asked here and not your wife!!!

Jeff/Illinois 09-04-2019 09:16 AM

You're never too old for old cars. They have a soothing affect on frayed and stressed bodies:)

If nothing else just for sitting in the garage with the TV on and looking at them while sipping a Dr. Pepper!

raprice 09-04-2019 09:34 AM

AOL, If you're only 68+, you are still a "kid." I'm 82 and just gave my antique cars to my 2 sons. It was just getting more difficult to work on the cars. I'm happy that my cars are still in our family, so I get to drive them.
All the best,
Rog

nhusa 09-04-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raprice (Post 1795412)
It was just getting more difficult to work on the cars. I'm happy that my cars are still in our family, so I get to drive them.

Difficult to work on your cars?

I am 74 and it has been years since I could fit under the Model A without jack stands but I can still get under the Model T.

Getting up after being under them is the hard part.
The last time I was under one of them I decided that it was easier to just take a nap instead of trying to get up.

jhowes 09-04-2019 03:15 PM

Speaking of age 70 seems young to me I just turned 83 and I rebuilt my engine and differential this year. The front end is next and I just got the interior.
kit, this intimidates me a bit. Stay young and buy larger rolls of toilet paper. Jack

john in illinois 09-04-2019 04:50 PM

I started on my AV8 hotrod when I was 69 and it took 5 years. I will not build another one from scratch. I am 76 now and thinking about a Brass T. My wife and I have put 26,000 miles on our Tudor and 3,500 miles on the AV8. I plan to stay active as long as I can.

Good luck with your new A.

John

Jordan 09-05-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aok (Post 1795206)
Moved into sun city a few months back. Good to know their are some Model A people here.

The Lone Star club there is full of great people.