The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Late V8 (1954+) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Electric Cars-Anyone Currently Driving One (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179240)

Gumpy 09-28-2015 10:18 PM

Electric Cars-Anyone Currently Driving One

Tesla :)Starting price 35,000 for the new one coming out model 3

JeffB2 09-29-2015 04:58 AM

Re: Electric Cars-Anyone Currently Driving One

Just think of the fun if you buy this:http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/5242835405.html and find a wrecked P85D Tesla and put the Tesla running gear in the old clunker Ford and run the 1/4 mile under 12 seconds. :D:D

Gumpy 09-29-2015 05:25 PM

Yes that would be interesting, there is an electric conversion for the early vw bug,, the electric one out ran the gas powered one its on y0utube

dmsfrr 09-29-2015 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When car guys look at me funny for owning a Prius I tell them it's only so I have more to spend on parts for my T-Bird. ...This was for just under eight gallons.

scicala 09-29-2015 09:46 PM

Why not buy a North American product and help this country ? We make hybrids too.

Sal

40 Deluxe 09-30-2015 12:56 AM

A lot of electricity is generated by burning coal. Thus your Tesla or whatever plug-in hybrid is actually coal powered!

dmsfrr 09-30-2015 09:54 AM

....and with all the toxic chemicals it takes to make one it's probably nowhere near as 'green' as a small fleet of trashed diesel trucks. You'll get no argument from me on that. It's just easy to live with on a monthly out-of-pocket basis.
It's a regular Prius from '07, when there weren't as many choices as there are now. In a couple years it will be about time to replace it. If there are better options at car shopping time I'll take them into consideration.

Kahuna 10-02-2015 10:18 PM

What's this got to do with Ford V8's?

Tinker 10-02-2015 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfrr (Post 1165039)
....and with all the toxic chemicals it takes to make one it's probably nowhere near as 'green' as a small fleet of trashed diesel trucks. You'll get no argument from me on that. It's just easy to live with on a monthly out-of-pocket basis.
It's a regular Prius from '07, when there weren't as many choices as there are now. In a couple years it will be about time to replace it. If there are better options at car shopping time I'll take them into consideration.

That's a valid point. The bio foot print to buy a new car ever few years is actually quite huge. All the resources required to produce a new car vs driving a pinto for 30 yrs, I would say quite confidently that the pinto is actually more green. But the pinto doesn't have built in wifi... And that hasn't hurt the car industry lately:confused:

I'm a fan of electric cars. They will get better.

scicala 10-03-2015 08:53 AM

Why don't we take this to a Tesla, Prius or electric car forum before I throw up.

Sal

dmsfrr 10-03-2015 09:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna (Post 1166433)
What's this got to do with Ford V8's?

Nothing at all that I can tell.
Ask Gumpy, it was his original post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scicala (Post 1166592)
Why don't we take this to a Tesla, Prius or electric car forum before I throw up.
Sal

If folks don't post more comments it will drop off the bottom of the list by itself.
A couple V8 Ford photos to help calm those symptoms....

Brendan 10-19-2015 05:13 PM

thank you! to people driving electric cars. they are saving more gas and oil for me to burn!!