The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Went and looked at these today (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97203)

bart78 02-09-2013 06:07 PM

Went and looked at these today

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...81/image-1.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...9781/image.jpg

Bob NH 02-09-2013 07:07 PM

Re: Went and looked at these today

Old tin must be in my blood, I love seeing that stuff ! Got any more ?

ford38v8 02-09-2013 07:14 PM

Bart, the hood on that '37 is gold. Straight as an arrow!

bart78 02-09-2013 07:43 PM

The 37 is in pretty good shape. Just missing the trunk lid. There is another 37 that has the lid. That allso has a tree on top of it. It had started raining pretty hard so I did not take many pics. There are allso two 36 todors allso.

JM 35 Sedan 02-09-2013 07:47 PM

I love finding cars like those. Looks like a lot of good parts picking there between the two. I have seen cars in worse condition than those appear to be in, that were actually driven to shows.

36 CS 02-09-2013 08:43 PM

It would take many manhours to make it show ready. I agree their are many good parts on the car.Bumper and grille guard would look great with new chrome, just as an example. 36 CS

TonyM 02-09-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford38v8 (Post 588929)
Bart, the hood on that '37 is gold. Straight as an arrow!

Yep, it don't look bent or flexed where the hood prop is attached to the hood; might still be intact there.

jim1932 02-09-2013 09:28 PM

I found a stash recently that has me totally intrigued. We are talking heavily populated suburb of D.C. drove to a more business area this week to get a fire extinguisher refilled. The sort of area where every building is a body shop or plumbing supply etc. I was at a light and noticed a building for lease with a lot of junk cars behind it. Then I looked closer... 69 Camaro, 67 vette. Nomad wagon 40's pickup.all semi Junkers, but restorable..and this was what I saw from the road. I parked across the street and looked in the window of what used to be a warehouse show room and there were there, two with covers, one had exposed hubcaps that said Packard Super. The uncovered was a two seater that according to the hubcaps was a Marmon....WTF???? If I wasn't totally strapped out I might have called the lease company to see what the story was.

PeteVS 02-09-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim1932 (Post 589011)
I found a stash recently that has me totally intrigued. We are talking heavily populated suburb of D.C. drove to a more business area this week to get a fire extinguisher refilled. The sort of area where every building is a body shop or plumbing supply etc. I was at a light and noticed a building for lease with a lot of junk cars behind it. Then I looked closer... 69 Camaro, 67 vette. Nomad wagon 40's pickup.all semi Junkers, but restorable..and this was what I saw from the road. I parked across the street and looked in the window of what used to be a warehouse show room and there were there, two with covers, one had exposed hubcaps that said Packard Super. The uncovered was a two seater that according to the hubcaps was a Marmon....WTF???? If I wasn't totally strapped out I might have called the lease company to see what the story was.

And you didn't take pictures??

jim1932 02-10-2013 11:10 AM

didn't have my camera with me but I am thinking of going back for pictures. Not to far from me. They had a couple of interesting industrial type mschines form 50's. Maybe a street sweeper.

jim1932 02-10-2013 04:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here you go Pete. Unfortunately the glare on the windows was worse than I thought. You can just make out the seats of the Marmon in the center of the photo. Not sure what is under the cover. There is another car to the left that the hubcap says Packard Super.

The Camaro looks to be a Rally Sport ant is seen just over the left of the Vette.

Anyone know what the Orange thing is? Pretty neat looking.

VeryTangled 02-10-2013 04:40 PM

Bart, you dog! Honey hole.

JM35, you don't need to do any more parts hunting. I just saw that photo of hub caps. Don't show that to the wife!

Jim, Awesome stuff, I'll bet your eyeballs were poppin'.

CS 36, There are some car show attendees that really love that sort of knarly but honest look. JM35 is one of 'em, I am too. They can only be original once. I wouldn't be ashamed to bring an 'aged' (rough) car to one of the big meets. They get a lot of looks and smiles.

-VT/Jeff

jim1932 02-10-2013 04:58 PM

Jeff, I bet you have driven by these a lot!

bart78 02-10-2013 05:43 PM

That 37 is not going to any shows until the skunks move out. There are other cars on the place. And I am trying to work a deal on them. All the cars are pretty much complete. Some in not so good condition. I have been after these for a while. There are a bunch of old wheels.

VeryTangled 02-10-2013 05:54 PM

Jim, I hardly ever go south of Rockville. Bethesda is in a different country! The pike is enough for me to fight through. I rarely use the beltway, sometimes I use 270 to get to Mom's in Urbana.

-VT/Jeff

bart78 02-11-2013 10:00 AM

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...D1A49461D0.jpg

bart78 02-11-2013 10:02 AM

This is another of the cars out there. I had posted a pic of it last year.

bart78 02-11-2013 10:04 AM

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...D1B67C44A4.jpg

Gumpy 02-11-2013 10:39 AM

HI Bart

Id love to go diggin withyou, never been to Texas but have heard some many wonderful stories about your state....where i live people are still pullin cars out of creekbeds...nice finds---i like the old coupe!

bart78 02-11-2013 10:52 AM

I have been after this coupe for a while. It's pretty rough. Lots of rust and lots of metal missing. The floor is all most all gone. It looks like it was used for a trash can for years. This is the first time I have been out in a while. This place is close to home. Still a bunch of cars around here. But they are going just as fast as the old folks that own them. This guy has some cool stuff. He has a few sets of wheels I want.