The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More Kudos for Bert's Model A Center and.. (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221785)

Marshall V. Daut 05-30-2017 05:36 PM

More Kudos for Bert's Model A Center and..

...especially for Steve Becker! I discovered late last week that the #1 connecting rod in a friend's engine from H*ll I have been trying to straighten out had unusable Babbitt and possibly a bent rod issue. Steve was able to supply a quality re-Babbitted rod at a very reasonable price, without the need to return an exchange rod. Bert's price, very fair shipping charges and no need to mail them an exchange rod probably saved $20+ dollars over the "big" guys' prices. And the quality of the Babbitt pour looks great.
When I could no longer ignore the issues with this P.O.S. rod in this P.O.S. engine, I called Steve on Friday afternoon and he mailed the rod right out. Even though yesterday was a national holiday with no mail service, the rod arrived already this morning from Colorado to Iowa. Wow! I am VERY pleased with Bert's and Steve. 'Gotta order more parts from them from now on. Try 'em for your next Model A parts order!
Marshall

jax55 05-30-2017 06:00 PM

Re: More Kudos for Bert's Model A Center and..

Berts is my first choice, and Steve is great. Very customer oriented and goes the distance to get your what you need.

Fred K-OR 05-30-2017 07:00 PM

2X-great company and service.

dean from bozeman 05-30-2017 07:07 PM

I'm trying to come up with a reason to go to Colorado so I can see the new store.

Always great service and a great selection of parts.

Jeff/Illinois 05-30-2017 07:30 PM

I recently bought several ORIGINAL electrical components from Steve out at Bert's. Ya can't top orig-inal;)

They arrived well packed, fast, and are exactly what he said they would be.

Bert's is awful hard to beat we're lucky we have them. Bratton's and Snyders have been super to deal with also.

BudP 05-30-2017 08:23 PM

Steve sold me a gas tank for a 1931 early model A some years ago. I could not believe how clean the inside was-just as he said it would be.

Binger 05-31-2017 10:24 AM

I have always have had a great experience at Burt's. The new shop is great!. I like the fact that Steve recognizes me when I go in there even if I haven't been in in a while. Always my first choice for Parts.

larryf 05-31-2017 11:07 AM

Great Place and the service is 1st class

Pmsqrd 05-31-2017 02:53 PM

Copy on all the positive comments. Always my first choice. Steve is the best!

CarlG 05-31-2017 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall V. Daut (Post 1479557)
...especially for Steve Becker! I discovered late last week that the #1 connecting rod in a friend's engine from H*ll I have been trying to straighten out had unusable Babbitt and possibly a bent rod issue. Steve was able to supply a quality re-Babbitted rod at a very reasonable price, without the need to return an exchange rod. Bert's price, very fair shipping charges and no need to mail them an exchange rod probably saved $20+ dollars over the "big" guys' prices. And the quality of the Babbitt pour looks great.
When I could no longer ignore the issues with this P.O.S. rod in this P.O.S. engine, I called Steve on Friday afternoon and he mailed the rod right out. Even though yesterday was a national holiday with no mail service, the rod arrived already this morning from Colorado to Iowa. Wow! I am VERY pleased with Bert's and Steve. 'Gotta order more parts from them from now on. Try 'em for your next Model A parts order!
Marshall

Had that same experience several years ago. (It was #1 rod then as well)

Greg Jones 05-31-2017 05:34 PM

Let me add that the main thing I miss since moving from Denver is not being so close to Bert's. Just bought a set of one piece 1930 running board/aprons. They were just what I was looking for and parts like sheet metal just can't be found in the humid southeast.

Herb Concord Ca 05-31-2017 05:52 PM

Being on the west coast, I like Bert's because it's closer.
Last Saturday I ordered some parts, they arrived Tuesday!
Great service!
Herb Neumann
Concord CA

dean from bozeman 05-31-2017 10:31 PM

Could someone explain what the new Bert's is like?

The old one had bins and rows of original used parts. There was an area where a car (or two) for sale was displayed. Another place was the service area. Out back were racks of parts and a large area for sheet metal and chassis parts.

Is the new Bert's similar? Photos? (Perhaps this has been done but I am a part time Fordbarner and miss quite a lot).

Mike V. Florida 06-01-2017 11:40 PM

I've ordered from Steve with only an email and a credit card. I did not even ask a price.

SteveB31 06-02-2017 09:02 PM

Dean,

I will post some photos. Picture the old store- only now 22,000 square feet (old store we only used 8,000.. Everything indoors. We spent $50k on shelving. Half dozen cars for sale, parts organized, no snow, air conditioned, and clean. All the stuff outside is now inside on shelves.All the noisy and dirty equipment now is outside, so clean and quiet. 280 trailer loads.... Kinda cool---

Steve @ Berts

Tinbasher 06-03-2017 06:45 AM

Yes a great company and Steve is excellent. I just purchased a large part I needed and it was no trouble to ship it to me in Canada. Great bunch of people.Excellent service and A+ parts.

John Poole

Jim M 06-03-2017 01:11 PM

All I have had are wonderful experiences from Steve. He goes out of his way for you to help out. Just built me a spring for my Roadster. I live in central Florida and mail service from Denver to Orlando is fantastic. I needed something a few weeks ago and he mailed it Saturday afternoon and it arrived at my door on Monday at 1:00. Can't say enough about Snyders and Tom Jordan as well. We are VERY VERY fortunate to have suppliers and people like these guys. Thanks so much for all you do for the hobby!