The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   guns, cars and shootings.... (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80059)

1930artdeco 08-17-2012 10:03 AM

guns, cars and shootings....

Yep, a new movie is due out on Aug 29 I believe called LAWLESS. I saw, lots of cops, guns, and several A's and T's. It looks like it takes place in the deep south during the depression. That is all I know, but I can't wait to see it for the cars of course.

Mike

Vern 08-17-2012 10:48 AM

Re: guns, cars and shootings....

Saw the preview when my daughter and I were at the movies the other night. I almost cried when they shot up the A sedan11!! :(

1930artdeco 08-17-2012 10:57 AM

I thought I saw something like that, but it happened so fast I wasn't sure.

MrTube 08-17-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vern (Post 481040)
Saw the preview when my daughter and I were at the movies the other night. I almost cried when they shot up the A sedan11!! :(

Eh look at it this way, the car was probably in pretty bad shape, taken and painted to look good and then shot up.

Now the alternate path could have very likely been someone buying that A and turning it into a rat rod in stead.

See, it could always be worse ;)

dumb person 08-18-2012 03:53 AM

i looked at it on youtube. Looks like they crashed one into a balsawood pole with no real harm done there but not sure about how they did the bullet holes. Knowing hollywood they would be real, they already killed every single dodge charger in existence for movies with no sign of remorse whatsoever so they might have used real bullet holes....

CHuDWah 08-18-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumb person (Post 481473)
they already killed every single dodge charger in existence for movies

Well, not quite every single one. Probably the most consumed to date was by the Dukes of Hazzard TV show - they used a total of about 350 '69s and '68s and '70s modified to look like '69s. Second was the DoH movie, which used 17 IIRC. Total production for those 3 years was over 200K.

Look at it this way - every car they trash decreases the supply, which should increase the value of the remainder.

ctlikon0712 08-18-2012 07:20 AM

I just finished watching the movie "Public Enemies " 2009, with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. It’s about John Dillinger. There were allot of nice cars in it and quite a few Model A's and early V8's!

Six Pack to go 08-18-2012 08:38 AM

Movies make millions, Model A's dont.. at least not yet!! hahaha As much as it hurts us to see the movie people trash old Fords, it really isnt a budget concern for them.