The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   rubber front floor mat (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152490)

FrankWest 10-19-2014 02:03 PM

rubber front floor mat

Does the mat just lay there? or should it be tacked down somehow?

mfagan 10-19-2014 02:06 PM

Re: rubber front floor mat

I believe there are snaps that hold it down.

ford38v8 10-19-2014 02:10 PM

For the EFV8CA Concourse, it should have the two hold down buttons on the '37-'38 models. I think also on the '36, but beyond that, I haven't a clue.
In my experience though, the buttons are not needed in service, and in fact can be a nuisance.

TonyM 10-19-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford38v8 (Post 965196)
For the EFV8CA Concourse, it should have the two hold down buttons on the '37-'38 models. I think also on the '36, but beyond that, I haven't a clue.
In my experience though, the buttons are not needed in service, and in fact can be a nuisance.

Alan, where are the hold down buttons on 37-38?

v8fordman 10-19-2014 03:04 PM

You will find two holes on each side of the shifter opening of your transmission cover... on the flat part. This is where the buttons go.

Joe Immler 10-19-2014 03:33 PM

How about hold downs for a mat in a '41 Ford? I never saw any and mine slips around when I get in.

Old Henry 10-19-2014 03:55 PM

My original style mat for my 47 has no connections to the floor. I put down a plastic moisture barrier then the stock style rag padding under the mat. It can't move because of the slots that fit around the front seat bracket, the hole that fits around the dimmer switch and radio switch plus the gas pedal. Plus, the edge fits under the molding on the edge of the floor above the running board.

DavidG 10-19-2014 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Guys, he's asking about a '33, not a '37 or '47.

The attached chart shows the push pin locations for the front floor mat (amongst other fasteners) in a '33-'34 by body type. This applies to the original type of two-piece mat where the larger portion overlaps the smaller portion around the transmission shift lever housing and hand brake.

Ford Freak 10-19-2014 09:23 PM

It just lays there on my '52 F-1 . Doesn't move at all .

JMFL36 01-16-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidG (Post 965250)

The attached chart shows the push pin locations for the front floor mat (amongst other fasteners) in a '33-'34 by body type. This applies to the original type of two-piece mat where the larger portion overlaps the smaller portion around the transmission shift lever housing and hand brake.

DavidG, thanks for the chart. It's gold, Jerry, gold!!!

Does anyone know where I might find the "button" fasteners identified as #3 in the chart? My '34 Phaeton has four of the male parts of the "button" in the floor in locations 7 and 8 in the chart. But I'm missing the two males at location 6, and all six female parts that "button" the mat to the floor.

Thanks in advance!

Kube 01-16-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidG (Post 965250)

Dave, How did you know what year he was asking about? I know you are good. Rael good in fact but still...

Kube 01-16-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Henry (Post 965235)
My original style mat for my 47 has no connections to the floor. I put down a plastic moisture barrier then the stock style rag padding under the mat. It can't move because of the slots that fit around the front seat bracket, the hole that fits around the dimmer switch and radio switch plus the gas pedal. Plus, the edge fits under the molding on the edge of the floor above the running board.

You original mat did in fact have a number of fasteners that held the mat in place.

JSeery 01-16-2020 05:45 PM

Because he has helped Frank a lot and Frank has a 33 4cyl.

DavidG 01-16-2020 06:05 PM

JMFL36,

You might try Michael Driskell at Third Gen Automotive in McMinnville, TN for the ones you are missing. Some of them are made of 'unobtainium', however.

Kube 01-16-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSeery (Post 1842110)
Because he has helped Frank a lot and Frank has a 33 4cyl.

Okay, now I understand. I suppose I should have known that.

35fordtn 01-16-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMFL36 (Post 1842089)
DavidG, thanks for the chart. It's gold, Jerry, gold!!!

Does anyone know where I might find the "button" fasteners identified as #3 in the chart? My '34 Phaeton has four of the male parts of the "button" in the floor in locations 7 and 8 in the chart. But I'm missing the two males at location 6, and all six female parts that "button" the mat to the floor.

Thanks in advance!

I certainly have a limited few of the males and females. the female portion is just basically impossible to find in NOS form.

DavidG 01-16-2020 06:17 PM

Mike,

As JSeery indicates. our Mr. West (not his real name) is a frequent thread starter. Of late into Hupmobiles and John Dillinger's preference for them.

JMFL36 01-17-2020 08:17 AM

Thanks for the info. I emailed Mike to see if he's got any. Otherwise, I'll just match up the size and color with a modern snap like the ones you see on leather and denim and such. Lots of choice on eBay and elsewhere. I'll post here to let everyone know what I end up with. Thanks again!