The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Doing a search with my tablet (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155386)

Don/WI 11-22-2014 07:31 PM

Doing a search with my tablet

Last night I was in my easy-chair watching TV and cruising the FordBarn web-site on my tablet. A couple of us are planning to install seat-belts in our Fordors this winter and so I decided to use the search feature using "seat belts". I was able to enter the title "seat belts" in the normal search box but when I hit the Go button I was taken back to the big search area in the sky. Has anyone else tried to use the FordBarn search feature using a tablet? I then went to my desk-top and it worked fine. Thanks for any input. Don/WI

Mitch//pa 11-22-2014 07:34 PM

Re: Doing a search with my tablet

what kind of tablet??
i have no trouble searching on the ipad or iphone

700rpm 11-22-2014 07:41 PM

Ipad works for me. Did you do an advanced search?

Michael M 11-22-2014 07:51 PM

I use my iPad exclusively and never encountered a difficulty with the search feature.

Wish I could offer a solution.

Don/WI 11-22-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch//pa (Post 985783)
what kind of tablet??
i have no trouble searching on the ipad or iphone

My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 16GB. I did not do an advance search although I don't see why that should have made a difference. Of course I don't know everything. I'll just use my lap-top or desktop when I want to do a search on the site. Don/WI

Don/WI 11-22-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael M (Post 985795)
I use my iPad exclusively and never encountered a difficulty with the search feature.

Wish I could offer a solution.

Are you refering to the search feature on the FordBarn? Thanks. Don/WI

Don/WI 11-22-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 700rpm (Post 985788)
Ipad works for me. Did you do an advanced search?

My apologies. I tried a search on my tablet using the "advance search" and it works. Thanks for the advise. Don/WI

Mitch//pa 11-22-2014 08:08 PM

cool

Gary WA 11-22-2014 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don/WI (Post 985780)
Last night I was in my easy-chair watching TV and cruising the FordBarn web-site on my tablet. A couple of us are planning to install seat-belts in our Fordors this winter and so I decided to use the search feature using "seat belts". I was able to enter the title "seat belts" in the normal search box but when I hit the Go button I was taken back to the big search area in the sky. Has anyone else tried to use the FordBarn search feature using a tablet? I then went to my desk-top and it worked fine. Thanks for any input. Don/WI

Good article in the Model A Ford Mechanics Handbook VOL 2 for coupes and fordor, and in the How to restore your model A (Mafca) Vol 6 pg51 for installing seat belts.

Don/WI 11-22-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary WA (Post 985863)
Good article in the Model A Ford Mechanics Handbook VOL 2 for coupes and fordor, and in the How to restore your model A (Mafca) Vol 6 pg51 for installing seat belts.

Thanks for the info Gary. I have them both out!! Don/WI

ODFever 12-06-2014 08:35 PM

If you use Google as your search engine, you can type the following into the search bar and bypass the Advanced Search function built in to FordBarn.
site:fordbarn.com {item of interest}

For example, if I wanted to learn more about seat belts I would type
site:fordbarn.com seat belts

Hope this helps! :-)

Mitch//pa 12-07-2014 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODFever (Post 993365)
If you use Google as your search engine, you can type the following into the search bar and bypass the Advanced Search function built in to FordBarn.
site:fordbarn.com {item of interest}

For example, if I wanted to learn more about seat belts I would type
site:fordbarn.com seat belts

Hope this helps! :-)

i find alot of things also that same way good tip