The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kudos to Uncle Max (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234976)

Tim Ayers 12-08-2017 10:23 AM

Kudos to Uncle Max

I know to many here it's well known, but I wanted to give our pal Uncle Max a shout out.

I sent with some pretty nice "core" carbs to him and, in about two weeks time, I get back a box of these gorgeous looking rebuilt carbs.

We've talked many times about trust and other aspects that make this hobby great. Well, folks, rest assured Uncle Max is one of the many good ones still out there. Proceed with confidence when using his services.

Thanks again, Max!

Ol' Ron 12-08-2017 10:34 AM

Re: Kudos to Uncle Max

Been running 3 of his re built carbs on a 294 I built a few years back, and they;re working just fine.

Jack E/NJ 12-08-2017 10:39 AM

>>>I sent with some pretty nice "core" carbs to him and, in about two weeks time, I get back a box of these gorgeous looking rebuilt carbs. >>>

Gorgeous, eh? We need a picture! Jack E/NJ

Charlie ny 12-08-2017 10:50 AM

Jack,
In THIS particular case a word is worth a thousand pictures !
Charlie ny

Tim Ayers 12-08-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie ny (Post 1562837)
Jack,
In THIS particular case a word is worth a thousand pictures !
Charlie ny

Yep. OK, I'll post them up.

Charlie, I hope you know I was also referring to you as "one of the good ones" in this hobby!

hope 12-08-2017 02:06 PM

Just good things to say about uncle Max, did me good more than once and again recently.
Meet him twice at Bonneville, nice person.

Karl 12-08-2017 10:14 PM

Yep Trust is what you can do in him - He sent me some carb bits (the other side of the world) before I had paid him. Bubba aka Jim has done the same . Good guys and an asset to our hobby

Karl

Rand 12-09-2017 02:19 PM

I second that on the Bubba remark
Have not used Uncle Max tho
Thank you fellas!

VeryTangled 12-09-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rand (Post 1563411)
Have not used Uncle Max tho

It's an amazing experience! Everyone should try it. I sent a 48 that was in poor shape with broken parts and decades of gasoline stains. Got back something that looked showroom new. Payment when the job is done is his policy.

flat-v8 12-09-2017 02:31 PM

Max is the best period! I need to send him another 97 I found to rebuild. Fantastic service at a fair price! I recently watched a Jay Leno Garage episode and Max Musgrove was mentioned on the show!

glennsanders 12-09-2017 03:10 PM

Uncle Max does amazing work. I sent him a core one time he email me back and asked me if I thought he was a miracle worker.HE IS