The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bob Drake sale (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233907)

oldredford 11-24-2017 09:43 AM

Bob Drake sale

Bob Drake has a sale going on this weekend, the only problem is I placed an order for 10 items and 9 were out of stock. The 1 item in stock I could not get the coupon code to validate it. Oh well... and no back orders will be given. So much for a good sale. Just in I finally did place an order for the one item and the coupon code finally validated the 15% discount and free shipping. So, things are definitely brighter...

Dave Castle 11-24-2017 09:51 AM

Re: Bob Drake sale

The best part will be if the parts do finally arrive, they may or may not fit !!!

Crankster 11-24-2017 10:03 AM

I'm too jaded to believe any of the "sales". I don't know if Drake does it but it seems like the "15% Off!!" is only true if the firm already raised prices 20% the week before. "Free Shipping!" Sure.... Etc

Kube 11-24-2017 10:05 AM

I saw that ad and once again had to laugh. Specifically at the fuel tanks. In one part of the ad it is claimed they are authentic in every detail. Read down on the same page and it says it'll fit the new sending unit, etc. And, those that know, know the 39-40 tank is anything but an accurate copy of the authentic tank.
What a joke...

skidmarks 11-24-2017 10:26 AM

Better to call and ask, what do you have in stock ? Most of the time everything need is.... sorry temporarily out of stock regaurdless of what you're working on . The sales are a joke

T shirts catalogs and calanders im sure are no problem

51504bat 11-24-2017 10:38 AM

Thought about a banjo steering wheel and glove box for my '39 p/u. Both out of stock. A couple of years ago I was able to get a new gas tank, sending unit, and tube shock kit on Drake's Black Friday sale but nothing this year.

Binkman34 11-24-2017 12:15 PM

I tried to get '34 running boards, OUT OF STOCK
I tried to get a '34 grille OUT OF STOCK
I saved a lot more than 15% today !!

Krylon32 11-24-2017 02:24 PM

I got a Christmas sale catalogue from Drake last week. Kinda looked like a lot of slow moving parts?

zoegrant 11-24-2017 02:33 PM

I also tried to buy what i needed for my coupe and out of 10 items They were out of stock on 5 items....
I did send them an email and complained that 50% out of stock items is nuts..
Can you imagine being out of spark plugs and a plug wire set ?
Oh well..there is always NAPA.
I do believe it pays to complain in numbers, so go ahead and email them.
Their email is [email protected]

Dave Castle 11-24-2017 03:38 PM

When u contact a supplier about a ill fitting part, the answer I like the most : "U know sir we have never had any problem with that item before " !! Translated ; We realize it does not fit but we do not care !!

corvette8n 11-24-2017 03:46 PM

I got the email also, the first item I looked for was out of stock, looks like I save more than 15% today lol.

supereal 11-24-2017 05:00 PM

That is why Drake is often referred to as "Backorder Bob". I admire his support of the hobby, and only wish his organization was more reliable.

Kube 11-24-2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supereal (Post 1556572)
That is why Drake is often referred to as "Backorder Bob". I admire his support of the hobby, and only wish his organization was more reliable.

I tend to agree with you but must add: Reliability starts at the top. Or, in this case, it doesn't...

koates 11-24-2017 05:58 PM

Every time there is a sale the 1934 grilles are out of stock. They are not giving anything away are they ? Regards, Kevin.

philipswanson 11-24-2017 08:59 PM

They are getting worse all the time. I have had much better luck with Dennis Carpenter. Also Drake's quality is going downhill fast. Very disappointed in them.

michael a 11-24-2017 11:15 PM

The first and only time I tried to order some water pumps that were on sale,they were out of inventory and were not concerned when they would get anymore.

philipswanson 11-25-2017 01:38 PM

One of the techs told me the story why they can't get quality stuff any more from offshore. They were getting grilles and hood ornaments from a pretty good source in China if there is such a thing. No USA chrome items any more. Their source in China dried up because that company got a big contract from Toyota. Drake's contract was cancelled. Now they are trying to find a new source which undoubtedly will be worse yet in quality.

Old Redneck 11-25-2017 01:50 PM

I tried calling and never got through. I tried 3 times and no dice. Then I tried on internet and out of stock. I don't need them any more. I am done with them

Steves46 11-25-2017 02:01 PM

Maybe one of his authorized dealers may have what you are looking for. I know Joe's Antique Auto carries Drake products...I'm sure there are others...worth checking out.

KiWinUS 11-25-2017 02:14 PM

Ordered 4itens all in stock 15% off & free shipping